Fuel filter question
10-01-2022, (Subject: Fuel filter question ) 
Fuel filter question
Just wondering which fuel filters I should use for my cm570? Currently I have the FS 19905 G in my davco. And the FS 1040 on the engine. Is this ok or is there a better option with a lower micron rating?
replyreply
RE: Fuel filter question
A davco with a 10 micron filter in it works wonders towards keeping ashpaltine and other contaminants at bay.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Toolguy
(10-01-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  A davco with a 10 micron filter in it works wonders towards keeping ashpaltine and other contaminants at bay.
Yea I had a 10 micron in there before. Told peterbilt I wanted the same filter again and without looking they gave me a 50 micron one. Definitely gonna change it back to a 10. Thanks
replyreply
10-02-2022, (Subject: Fuel filter question ) 
(10-01-2022 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  
(10-01-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  A davco with a 10 micron filter in it works wonders towards keeping ashpaltine and other contaminants at bay.
Yea I had a 10 micron in there before. Told peterbilt I wanted the same filter again and without looking they gave me a 50 micron one. Definitely gonna change it back to a 10. Thanks

Is the oem spec’d filter a 50 micron? I assume it is a larger micron filter it being a water fuel sep filter. I mean that is first line of defense. Then you have secondary filter which would filter out the asphaltenes it being a finer micron. Regardless, I’m all for clean fuel. But there is a dofference between asphaltenes and algae imo. Both can be filtered, but causes are different. Would you think that lowering the water fuel sep filter micron rating would increase filter service interval? Increase potential restriction? Also, do you run a fuel additive like diesel kleen or fuel ox? Thanks!
replyreply
(10-02-2022 )dericson Wrote:  ...
Is the oem spec’d filter a 50 micron? I assume it is a larger micron filter it being a water fuel sep filter. I mean that is first line of defense. Then you have secondary filter which would filter out the asphaltenes it being a finer micron. Regardless, I’m all for clean fuel. But there is a dofference between asphaltenes and algae imo. Both can be filtered, but causes are different. Would you think that lowering the water fuel sep filter micron rating would increase filter service interval? Increase potential restriction? Also, do you run a fuel additive like diesel kleen or fuel ox? Thanks!

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...622#pid622

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Ive always ran 10 micron davco filters. I was planning on installing a fuel cooler (liquid/air) on the return line to help with the asphaltine and 150° fuel temps in summer but sold it before i did that.
replyreply
(10-02-2022 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Ive always ran 10 micron davco filters. I was planning on installing a fuel cooler (liquid/air) on the return line to help with the asphaltine and 150° fuel temps in summer but sold it before i did that.

I seriously doubt that a cooler on the return line will reduce ashpaltine.. it is created via bio-diesel usually, due to the extreme pressures in the injector (the timing circuit chamber) during the compression stroke.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87 , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.