Insite password
11-17-2022, (Subject: Insite password ) 
Insite password
Is there a password needed in order to connect Insite to ecm? I have a 2000 International 9900ix with a Signature 600 in it. It has a rough idle when cold. I've been wanting to get Insite hooked to it and maybe find out what's wrong. I don't have the program. My nephew showed up a couple days ago with a computer with Insite. He works on a lot of Cats at his job, not familiar with Insite but they let him borrow the computer. He said he couldn't get communication with the ecm. I wasn't there but I figured there needs to be a password entered to get connected. Is that correct?
replyreply
11-18-2022, (Subject: Insite password ) 
RE: Insite password
(11-17-2022 )TerryB Wrote:  Is there a password needed in order to connect Insite to ecm? I have a 2000 International 9900ix with a Signature 600 in it. It has a rough idle when cold. I've been wanting to get Insite hooked to it and maybe find out what's wrong. I don't have the program. My nephew showed up a couple days ago with a computer with Insite. He works on a lot of Cats at his job, not familiar with Insite but they let him borrow the computer. He said he couldn't get communication with the ecm. I wasn't there but I figured there needs to be a password entered to get connected. Is that correct?

I can't speak for ALL Insite users, but mine does NOT require a password.
replyreply
11-18-2022, (Subject: Insite password ) 
RE: Insite password
Some trucks mostly from mega fleet could have ECM password to prevent "smart" drivers interfere with company speed limit or idle policies.
To remove ECM password you need to have ZAP-IT function unlocked by Insite password.
More information in Insite help file.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.