CM2250 low power poor mileage
10-02-2022, (Subject: CM2250 low power poor mileage ) 
CM2250 low power poor mileage
Hello all, First time posting here. I have read and learned a lot but am stumped and broke. This is my desperate cry for help. I have a 2012 pete 389 cm2250 I bought a year ago the first six months it ran great and got decent mileage the last several months I've gotten terrible mileage and low power. Fixed cac leaks, 6 new injectors, and new fuel pump replaced all sensors and check valves in common rail to no avail. I've come to the conclusion it's either the turbo or a bad demandate. I am literally out of money and at my witz end. The engine was replace with a 2018 long block from cummins 100,000 miles ago and was demandated at the time of install before I bought the truck. Max boost is no more then 30 depending on temp, elevation and rpm, sometimes as low as 20-22. I bought a laptop with adapters and insite and cal and some other stuff on it I haven't hooked it up yet because I wanted to learn more about it first. I hoping I can find someone to help walk me through it and tell me what I need to look for. I'm very mechanically inclined but computers not so much and I'm afraid of messing something up but also afraid to drive it anymore but am out of money to hire this done not to mention I don't trust anyone with all the horror stories I've read. I NEED to get back to work if anyone can give me some guidance on this I would forever be in your debt. Thanks in advance
replyreply
10-03-2022, (Subject: CM2250 low power poor mileage ) 
RE: CM2250 low power poor mileage
start by assuming the de-mandate is bad. More than 90%+ of all the programs that i review are. Copy the program out of the ecm.. e-mail it to me for a proper review of what someone did and go from there.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid72945

Also, will it pass a rail leak test?. It also sounds like some expensive guessing has been going on instead of proper testing... that can break someone financially, chasing ghosts in a hurry.

leak test: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid69262

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-03-2022, (Subject: CM2250 low power poor mileage ) 
Thank you sir. I had a procedure this morning I have to stay in bed today so I'll give it a shot in the morning. I appreciate your help
replyreply
10-04-2022, (Subject: CM2250 low power poor mileage ) 
How do I find out which ecfg file I need?
replyreply
There are ecfg files already on the computer I bought but im not sure which to use or how to find out.
replyreply
ecfg files for a 'BBZ' engine will work.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-05-2022, (Subject: CM2250 low power poor mileage ) 
OK Rawze, I can't seem to figure out how to connect calterm to the truck mine seems different from yours.I did however do the fuel rail test and it only dropped from 29000 to 28179 in 60 seconds also I saw my turbo actuator was at 70 percent closed at idle. I don't know what to do to get connected but I know I've got program issues.
replyreply
10-05-2022, (Subject: CM2250 low power poor mileage ) 
I'm willing to help out remotely to help you pull the info out. PM me some type of contact info and I'll reach out to you.
replyreply
10-06-2022, (Subject: CM2250 low power poor mileage ) 
(10-05-2022 )Rockinbexpress Wrote:  ...
I saw my turbo actuator was at 70 percent closed at idle. I don't know what to do to get connected but I know I've got program issues.

That is a sign of a typical hack-n-slash bad delete program that has no proper engine operating mode re-mapping.. and it is trying to warm up[ a DPF can still. -= .. that or your engine is not deleted and it has switched engine operating modes and is trying like h#ell to warm up the DPF can.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.