CM2250 low power poor mileage
10-23-2022, (Subject: CM2250 low power poor mileage ) 
RE: CM2250 low power poor mileage
So with the turbo mapping fixed it has power in the right places now but is still running rough. That said I have a few questions. On the cylinder cut out test how long should you let it run on one cylinder? Should it run on one cylinder perpetually or die after a few seconds? On the lift pump test it says minimum 10psi but what kind of flow should it have? I noticed when I changed the separator filter the fuel just trickled in slowly. It took quite a few key cycles to prime the system. Next which cylinders do the jake solenoids control? I'm sure I'll see when I open. It up but it's windy today so I'm going to wait till tomorrow. Could a bad vibration damper interfere with the cps? I'm trying to come up with a plan while getting unloaded before I head home and get into this thing again. It's idling rough and feels like it's missing pulling hills and fuel milage is still down I got 5mpg on Friday running 65 with 35k on the deck and 4 yesterday with 29k on the deck. I'm praying there's no hurt cylinders but I'm thinking a compression test is in order and a manometer on the ccv as well. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks guys
replyreply
One more question. Where is the fuel restriction sensor located?
replyreply
Thought of another question. Does anyone know if the Jake's are involved in the injector performance test on insite. It sounds like the are at one point in the test????????
replyreply
Ok did cylinder cutout test and it won't run on any of the front 3 cylinders. So tomorrow I will check and make sure over head is correct if it is OK I guess I'm looking at a rebuild on a 100,000 mile motor. Yay me!!!
replyreply
Not sure if I'm doing the cut out test right but each cylinder cut out sounds the same and when I shut them all off but one it runs for about 15-20 seconds then dies on each cylinder. But I did notice when I idled it up I can here a constant surging sound so I looked at the live data and noticed the fuel pump actuator Duty cycle was bouncing between 36 and 40% commanded pressure was 19200 measured was bouncing between 14k and 24k is this normal? Doesn't sound very efficient. You Gurus on here can help me figure this thing out. Thanks again guys
replyreply
Does it pass a leakdown test? You could just have a bad injector or 2.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
It passed the leak down test with flying colors. I just ran the injector performance test and all of them passed as they should. I just put in a six pack. I'm leaning towards a screen somewhere with some trash in it or air leaks on the low side.
replyreply
10-24-2022, (Subject: CM2250 low power poor mileage ) 
(10-23-2022 )Rockinbexpress Wrote:  It passed the leak down test with flying colors. I just ran the injector performance test and all of them passed as they should. I just put in a six pack. I'm leaning towards a screen somewhere with some trash in it or air leaks on the low side.
How did you do fuel leak test? Where was you monitoring fuel rail pressure after engine was stopped?
Some version of Insite will show frozen data at the moment engine stopped. To continue to monitor live data you have to hit "record" button.
replyreply
10-24-2022, (Subject: CM2250 low power poor mileage ) 
how to do the test properly...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid69262

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.