CM2250 low power poor mileage
10-24-2022, (Subject: CM2250 low power poor mileage ) 
RE: CM2250 low power poor mileage
Snailexpress I did do it correctly I watched it drop live for 60 second. I'm curious about the transfer pump. Does it continue to run when the engine is started or does the gear pump take over when the truck is running. I was going to go out and clean the screen in the gear pump inlet and pressure test the low side for leaks but it's raining its ass off today.
replyreply
Rawze the cylinder cut out test is the one I question if I'm doing it right. How long should it run on one cylinder?
replyreply
(10-24-2022 )Rockinbexpress Wrote:  Snailexpress I did do it correctly I watched it drop live for 60 second. I'm curious about the transfer pump. Does it continue to run when the engine is started or does the gear pump take over when the truck is running. I was going to go out and clean the screen in the gear pump inlet and pressure test the low side for leaks but it's raining its ass off today.
When you turn ignition on transfer pump should run to prime gear pump and purge air. Pump will run for few minutes even engine is started. Gear pump will create 300 psi fuel pressure to fuel actuator. Anything over desired fuel will go back to fuel tank.
Actuator will open for the time determined by ECM to supply desired amount of fuel in to high pressure pump barrel, then plunger pushes fuel into fuel rail.
replyreply
So after the engine starts primer pump shuts off and gear pump pulls all the fuel from the tank correct?
replyreply
10-25-2022, (Subject: CM2250 low power poor mileage ) 
(10-24-2022 )Rockinbexpress Wrote:  So after the engine starts primer pump shuts off and gear pump pulls all the fuel from the tank correct?

Correct
replyreply
(10-24-2022 )Rockinbexpress Wrote:  Rawze the cylinder cut out test is the one I question if I'm doing it right. How long should it run on one cylinder?

Depends on how much carbon packing and internal resistance there is to the engine. Mine has no carbon packing or excessive resistance.. so it will run all day on only one cylinder (no engine load) .. some people that come over here with worn out, carbon packed-up engines.. theirs will not run for more than about 5 or 6 seconds on only one cylinder.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Rawze I wouldn't think carbon packing would be an issue as this motor was demandated out of the box 3 years ago. Would you?
replyreply
I just got the oil sample back and everything is good. No carbon, fuel or water.
replyreply
(10-24-2022 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(10-24-2022 )Rockinbexpress Wrote:  Snailexpress I did do it correctly I watched it drop live for 60 second. I'm curious about the transfer pump. Does it continue to run when the engine is started or does the gear pump take over when the truck is running. I was going to go out and clean the screen in the gear pump inlet and pressure test the low side for leaks but it's raining its ass off today.
When you turn ignition on transfer pump should run to prime gear pump and purge air. Pump will run for few minutes even engine is started. Gear pump will create 300 psi fuel pressure to fuel actuator. Anything over desired fuel will go back to fuel tank.
Actuator will open for the time determined by ECM to supply desired amount of fuel in to high pressure pump barrel, then plunger pushes fuel into fuel rail.
Key on pump will run 30 seconds to prime
And its actually a transfer pump it should maintain 20psi while engine is running
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.