2014 ISX looking for Mandate removal
09-13-2016, (Subject: 2014 ISX looking for Mandate removal ) 
RE: 2014 ISX looking for Mandate removal
(09-13-2016 )biscuits and gravy Wrote:  I would also search the ECM to see if anyone in the past has done a delete in it, before you originally purchased the truck.

This truck was purchased new. It only has 342,000
All this started at 310,000 miles

I was not having any regen issues at that 310,000 miles. I started having oil consumption issues,
the oil issue led to head replacement, in-frame, then turbo,

Just before the in-frame I started getting Regen codes and the system De-rateing, and forceing me to do manual regens due to the system not being able to handle all the oil the packed rings caused.

The oil consumption issue was almost instantaneous. I was useing about 1 gallon every 12,000 to 15,000 miles to one day I checked it and it was at the bottom of the stick. Then I topped it back off and a week later it was at the bottom of the stick again. that was around 310,000 mile mark.

From there things just went downhill.
replyreply
I called Cummings here is there response -
I looked at the pictures of the rockers. Just by the picture it is hard to determine how bad the rollers are. There are reuse guidelines that everyone goes by. And like I said when we spoke on the phone, if there were no definitive reason found for the score marks engineering would have to make the determination of the failure.

My thought would be to get with the dealer and or rep for them and see what they can do.
I'm just going to move on. They will basically remove my rockers, send them to corporate, let the engineers determine cause based on work orders, receipts, then if I want my truck back in a timely manner I will have to pay out of pocket again and wait for a refund.

I'm still waiting on a $10,000 check from the rebuild two months ago. (they gave me policy on the oil consumption, but still no check)

Listening to Cummings blow smoke up my ass about policy, procedures, having to provide receipts for all maintenance done over time, ect, ect,...
well it made me say WTF are you talking about. Everything is new, I just had a head, a inframe, got new rockers, a cam, a oil pump, a DPF cleaning, what the f*** does any of that have to do this issue.

This will be my last post on this topic, The more I talk about it the more pissed I get.
replyreply
Trucker66 We all feel your pain. Trust me when I say this I am as pissed off as you are and its not my truck. My problem with all of it is they sent THERE OWN tec down and him self said he didnt think they even changed them due to the fact the camshaft was not like the rollers as far as the markings go and basically told me I was not certified to make a decision as to what was bad or not.

I have done many engines with a million miles that was not marked up that bad. Its not rocket science. Im an ok guy but BS me...Just tell me that hey we are not going to replace them because they are not bad enough to replace. Not tell me "oh the air filter is bad so we are not going to honor your claim." After telling us to bring it to them they would make it right with the customer.

Only if I were a wealthy man .......Id show MHC that a jury trail of like minded people would give me alot more than the whole job cost.
replyreply
You are not the only one who goes through this type of frustration when trying to make a warranty claim for poor workmanship. I have heard it all before, and it is sickening to say the least. -- especially in your case, where they gouged you by charging you seperately for every piston, bearing, rocker, gasket set, etc... when clearly there is an overhaul kit that is cheaper that everything comes with. -- I saw those receipts and shook my head at how much they gouged you over all of it.

Even with the 10,000 back for pre-mature failure, it was still way over-priced in my book. You could have purchased a new engine for less, or had it in-framed and custom hand built for less money even after the discount.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-14-2016, (Subject: 2014 ISX looking for Mandate removal ) 
Trucker66, I'm sorry.
I know how you feel, I've been you.
Your pissed, and rightfully so...so let it out. You decide how and what way to let it out.

Here's how I let it out. I got pissed, so I set out on a quest to gain knowledge.
I have learned more about these engines in the last 6-9 months than I have in the >25 years of trucking. I share that knowledge with anybody willing to listen, and some who won't.
I will never break Cummins, but if I can help prevent 10 people from suffering the same setbacks and BS I went through, thats a 10:1 return on my investment. It may not be in my pocket, but that $350k won't be in Cummins' pocket either!

Rawze let it out by creating this forum for all of us to share our knowledge, learn, and help each other. Try figuring out how much $$ didn't make it into Cummins' coffers due to this knowledge base!

No matter what happens, we get it, and I'm sorry. It sucks, but please share it so others don't fall victim to this soot filled trap they created.

Good luck, and we're here to help...first round is on me if/when we ever meet up!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
09-29-2016, (Subject: 2014 ISX looking for Mandate removal ) 
MHC is the reason I now drive Volvo. But that turned out to be a good thing!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.