2014 ISX looking for Mandate removal
09-06-2016, (Subject: 2014 ISX looking for Mandate removal ) 
2014 ISX looking for Mandate removal
I've got a 2014 KW T680 - had 320,000 miles and suddenly started using 1 gal of oil every 1300-1500 miles
Cummins gave me policy and tore down the head, said they head had bad valve guides, replaced head, that did nothing to fix oil consumption.

This issue caused the truck to start throwing codes to manual regen. I had no choice but get a In-frame

KW did in-frame at 2 weeks later, cleaned my DPF Filter. 1 week later another light was on
PS - (DPF system was just cleaned aprox 30,000 miles earlier just as preventative maintenance before engine started using oil), well this engine used about 1 gallon every 15,000 miles since it was brand new.

Last week Turbo and Actuator was replaced in Flagstaff. Truck just would not run. It just died like it was starving for fuel. It would crank right up but shut right back off as if it was starving for fuel. There fix was Turbo, Actuator and Dozier Valve

24 hours later 500 miles down the road - light back on.

I've done good for myself with one truck. I started my own authority in 2013 and banked up some cash. But I'm not going to let this truck empty my account. It's done hit me hard. I need to know a trust worthy place to take it.

I'm out $39,000 to date in 4 months
I'm pretty sure I got the ISX 2250/2350
replyreply
09-06-2016, (Subject: 2014 ISX looking for Mandate removal ) 
RE: 2014 ISX looking for Mandate removal
(09-06-2016 )Trucker66 Wrote:  I've got a 2014 KW T680 - had 320,000 miles and suddenly started using 1 gal of oil every 1300-1500 miles
Cummins gave me policy and tore down the head, said they head had bad valve guides, replaced head, that did nothing to fix oil consumption.

This issue caused the truck to start throwing codes to manual regen. I had no choice but get a In-frame

KW did in-frame at 2 weeks later, cleaned my DPF Filter. 1 week later another light was on
PS - (DPF system was just cleaned aprox 30,000 miles earlier just as preventative maintenance before engine started using oil), well this engine used about 1 gallon every 15,000 miles since it was brand new.

Last week Turbo and Actuator was replaced in Flagstaff. Truck just would not run. It just died like it was starving for fuel. It would crank right up but shut right back off as if it was starving for fuel. There fix was Turbo, Actuator and Dozier Valve

24 hours later 500 miles down the road - light back on.

I've done good for myself with one truck. I started my own authority in 2013 and banked up some cash. But I'm not going to let this truck empty my account. It's done hit me hard. I need to know a trust worthy place to take it.

I'm out $39,000 to date in 4 months
I'm pretty sure I got the ISX 2250/2350

Your story is not unique by any means, but your situation could have been totally avoided...

The damage is already done, but looking back at it all, the following could have prevented 99% of it ...

* Installing a bypass oil filter and doing regular oil changes based on fuel consumption instead of time/mileage intervals when the engine/truck was still new to prevent the carbon and soot packing and destroying the internals.

* Regular EGR tune-ups BEFORE all those problems set in, and doing all the things to prevent excess soot buildup and emissions system clogging to begin with.

* Keeping an eye on regen history and investing in the Insite software. Making sure the readings stay below 3.0 to prevent other problems like cooking the injectors and a lot of other damage like shortened turbocharger lifespan.

* Keeping the engine and emissions system healthy from the beginning yourself. NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER is going to do this and the OEM could care less about actually doing preventative maintenance to the emissions systems. Siting behind the wheel and not doing anything unless you get a check engine light IS A VARY BAD THING TO DO!.

* Installing a Pyro and Boost gauges and driving by them as recommended instead of running down the roads no knowing what you are doing.
==========

Now that the damage is done, you are now facing all the downstream problems that system has created because no one did those things. I don't blame anyone for wanting to remove the mandate, but there is more to it than that. YOU MUST LEARN TO TAKE CARE OF THAT EQUIPMENT AND DRIVE IT RIGHT TOO!> Otherwise, you will do nothing but continue to go down that rabbit hole.

( Not directed towards anyione here but I will say it as a general statement ...)

I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE THINK THEY CAN JUST BUY A TRUCK AND DRIVE IT AND WAIT FOR IT TO DESTROY ITSELF, THEN EXPECT THE OEM NETWORK OF DEALERS MAGICLY MAKE THEIR PROBLEMS GO AWAY!

It ain't going to happen!.

more on neglect... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...18#pid6718
=============

That being said, I PM'd you my number. I suggest you call me sometime so that you can avoid the plethora of over-priced bad choices out there that are advertised all over the Internet just waiting to exploit someone like you and take your money, leaving you with a trash delete not worth operating an electric shaver.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-07-2016, (Subject: 2014 ISX looking for Mandate removal ) 
Start watching with rawze's egr tune up videos.
You need to replace your sensors:Imap, delta egr, exhaust pressure, delta dpf. If never replaced before will covered by carbon and shows bad readings to ecm. Thats why you getting those check engine light.
Is the oil consumption normal now since your engine is inframed? How often you were changing your oil?

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
If it was using a gallon every 1300-1500 miles, the DOC/ DPF needs to be cleaned again.
Using that much oil has clogged it again. Inframe doesn't change anything but get you back to normal consumption level.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
I suppose the oil is OK. I had to add 1 gallon at 20,000 miles.
replyreply
(09-07-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  If it was using a gallon every 1300-1500 miles, the DOC/ DPF needs to be cleaned again.
Using that much oil has clogged it again. Inframe doesn't change anything but get you back to normal consumption level.

I had the DPF filter cleaned at 270,000 miles
At 310,000 it began using oil. Approx 1 gal per 1300-1500 miles
Cummins replaced the head - it still used oil.
At 322,000 I had in-frame, DPF Filter re-cleaned and Dozier valves cleaned - so they said.

1.5 weeks later engine light on again, this time it shut me down in FLagstaff. Actuator was bad, and Trubo, and they replaced Dozier Valve.

Next day engine light on again

But since the in-frame I've only ran 20,000 miles and added 1 gallon of oil. My new interval to change oil will be 20,000 miles max. Next Speedco I pass I will change it.
replyreply
Something isn't adding up. Sounds more like it was never cleaned.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
(09-07-2016 )Trucker66 Wrote:  But since the in-frame I've only ran 20,000 miles and added 1 gallon of oil. My new interval to change oil will be 20,000 miles max. Next Speedco I pass I will change it.

Whoa whoa whoa!!! Slow down Trucker66, if you still have the mandate YOU NEED TO INSTALL A BYPASS OIL FILTER LIKE YESTERDAY!!!

And the bolded part of your post ABSOLUTELY NO FRICKIN WAY!!! With a mandated engine, the absolute MAX you should go is 10,000 miles between changes. Less depending on your fuel mileage. Thanks to that 20k on a fresh inframe, you've already begun soot packing your rings, oil galleys, and everything else in your motor already! A new motor or fresh inframe should have the oil changed within 6k miles. A fresh engine always has some debris, filings, silicones, and other abrasive junk in it that you need to get rid of ASAP! And that doesn't even include the initial wear & seating of new parts, that by the way are never perfect, hence the term break-in.

Simply put, you are destroying your motor with your maintenance program and if you don't read and do some research on this site, you will be doing another inframe shortly.

I don't give a rats @$$ what Cummins says about 20k drain intervals, they are in the Parts Sellin Biznezz and they don't care about you, your uptime, or anything else but your wallet.

Read, read, read...you have much to learn young Jedi

***edit*** I'm sure Rawze is typing as I'm doing this, but I'll help anyway. I don't want to see you destroy that nice new motor

Start here, read this FIRST
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=108

Read this Next
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=34

Don't gloss over it, read it and understand it...if you don't understand it, ask for help to understand it. Not getting it the first time is ok, it took me reading a certain document 4 times thoroughly and probably 15 attempts to complete it, but I assure you...I KNOW what I am doing to my motor, and more importantly HOW & WHY

Good luck, happy reading...we'll wait for more questions, we know they're coming ;-)

Oh, and please tell us you're not using this crap! It's ok, I used to too...I'm all better now!
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=109

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
09-12-2016, (Subject: 2014 ISX looking for Mandate removal ) 
I found my way to {***} last Thursday. They discovered my Rockers in this condition. So I took it strait to Kenworth where the in-frame was just done along with new rockers, cam and oil pump.
./uploads/201609/post_2329_1473731444_29681a4ec418fa9e0caedf5038371f3a.jpeg
./uploads/201609/post_2329_1473731597_4dc3ce5cb6c2caeafd42d7e151c58a02.jpeg

My history is posted above.
Basically these are new, installed 22,000 miles ago. MHC is stating there not going to do anything with them because they have not failed, first they told me that my air filter was filthy and that was the cause. I showed them the receipt where I had just changed the air filter few weeks before the in-frame (during the head replacement) then they said maybe soot was the cause, that its just cosmetic, just one put off after another.

So they wanted to change my oil and replace the air filter to get something out of me before releasing my truck. I said "no thank you."

I also have a seal on the front of the motor leaking, it was not leaking before they tore it down but now it is. They want to repair that under warranty but said if it turns out to be the crank case seal, something they did not touch then I would have to pay. Since I'm not at there shop, I'm sure it will end up being the crank case seal or so they'll say.

When I asked them are you going to replace my rockers under warranty or what they just said no, but they will take notes and enter a "Policy Ticket" stating what they see.

I told em I was having heavy oil consumption issues to start off with. Cummins changed my head which did not fix the oil consumption issue. I did the in-frame where KW replaced the Pistons, rings and liners and sold me rockers and a cam. The original rockers didn't even look that bad. Now I got more questions than answers. Because now I'm not sure if I got poor oil flow or possible a bad head when they swapped original with a re-manned or what.

Just unbelievable....
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.