Causes of excess blowby
10-05-2022, (Subject: Causes of excess blowby ) 
Causes of excess blowby
cm870-
ive had this truck since 850k miles, now has 1.4mil .
Has had 2 set of pistons/liners put in since i bought it, and it has always had quite a bit of blowby. can a wore out air compressor create blowby ? i dont even pay attention to it anymore but after holding the steering wheel all day today i just started thinking about it...

and i made one of them test tube things like in the manual for checking blowby pressure, and mine was always worse than they say is "acceptable"
replyreply
10-05-2022, (Subject: Causes of excess blowby ) 
RE: Causes of excess blowby
In quickserve you will find in sympton search under High Blowby info that should be of help.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
10-06-2022, (Subject: Causes of excess blowby ) 
Air compressor, turbo, valve stem seals or cylinder issues are all possible causes.
replyreply
(10-05-2022 )Badger Wrote:  cm870-
ive had this truck since 850k miles, now has 1.4mil .
Has had 2 set of pistons/liners put in since i bought it

What I would like to know is why it has had 2 sets of pistons and liners in only 550k miles?. Something does not sound right at all if that is the case.. and was all OEM parts used?// was a new head used?... were the liners raised to 0.015"?... and did anyone double-ensure that the rings were all set correctly (180-degrees away from each other properly) as the pistons went in?..

those are the things that come to mind when I read your post.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
What the guys above said.... and does this truck happen to have a hot file in it?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.