Rebuild kit question
10-06-2022, (Subject: Rebuild kit question ) 
RE: Rebuild kit question
If you just slap a new head and gasket on it you'll be right back in this situation in very short order. You absolutely need to cut the counterbores and shim the liners up to .015, you can't say you weren't warned.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Skman
10-06-2022, (Subject: Rebuild kit question ) 
(10-06-2022 )Skman Wrote:  ...
It might just be the head and gasket...not sure yet.

There is no such thing as the head/head gasket going out without a liner dropping or dancing in the block. -- It is a fantasy to think otherwise.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-07-2022, (Subject: Rebuild kit question ) 
Would .015 be the max you'd want to go for heavy haul. Or would it be better at .017?
Also, would you recommend doing the dime trick to the oil pump in a 2250? We do a fair amount of idle time (loading and unloading)
replyreply
10-07-2022, (Subject: Rebuild kit question ) 
(10-07-2022 )Skman Wrote:  Would .015 be the max you'd want to go for heavy haul. Or would it be better at .017?
Also, would you recommend shimming the oil pump in a 2250?

I have seen people crack the engine block mid-stops at 0.017". I would not recommend that at all.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-09-2022, (Subject: Rebuild kit question ) 
Do your self a favor and use all OEM parts
It will save you time, money and doubt in the long run
Ive done headgaskets on a few of these engines (delaminated fire ring is very common)
And is usually caused by liner problems
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.