Rebuild kit question
10-06-2022, (Subject: Rebuild kit question ) 
RE: Rebuild kit question
(10-06-2022 )Skman Wrote:  
(10-06-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  without pulling a liner out... there is no way to tell.

And just for curiosity sake.. most stealers#its will demand the entire overhaul kit be returned if you ordered the wrong one.. they will not typically swap out the liners only... as it screws up- their inventory count in their computer systems.

Best thing to do is NOT order the overhaul kit until you have a liner out of it.

That's crazy that they can tell me the injector codes from the original injectors on Quickserve but yet they cant tell which liners were installed.
I guess I'll check on availability for each before I do anything.
Is there any aftermarket kit that you would recommend if a person needed to go that way??

no aftermarket kits...

Also, not only will you not know what liners.. vbut there is a 15% chance that you may have an odd-sized bearing randomly in the engine too.. so as things come apart.. mark and measure, and verify part#'s as each bearing and component comes out. Otherwise, you may regret it deeply when you get it all back together and realize it has lower then normal oil pressures, or some other anomaly that was not accounted for.

As well, no matter what, like mentioned above.. counter-bored, and all the things that are not in the manual.. plus the wrist pin bushings need to be replaced.. or the rods themselves. Otherwise it will not be a million mile build.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Rebuild kit question - Skman - 10-05-2022,
RE: Rebuild kit question - Rawze - 10-06-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.