Can't keep fuel equal in tanks.
02-05-2023, (Subject: Can't keep fuel equal in tanks. ) 
RE: Can't keep fuel equal in tanks.
Well, I continue to fight the problem with the fuel level in the two fuel tanks not being equal. More fuel ends up in the right hand tank, and quite a bit more. I've replaced all hoses had both tanks off had the suction pipes out, find no problems. I thought I may have found something with one of the return hoses but turns out it didn't fix my problem. Here is my question, the fuel suction obviously has a stand pipe that goes to the bottom of the tank, as does the return line from the engine. There is a return line that comes from the electric pump. Should this return line have a standpipe also? It does not. As I stated earlier the previous owner replaced the factory Cummins fuel transfer pump with a Fasse pump. Does the Cummins OEM pump have a return line going to the tanks from the pump? I'm trying to figure out if the return line from this Fasse pump was added when the pump was added. I'm wondering if the fact that that return line doesn't have the standpipe going down into the fuel could be my problem.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't keep fuel equal in tanks. - TerryB - 02-05-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.