Can't keep fuel equal in tanks.
02-07-2023, (Subject: Can't keep fuel equal in tanks. ) 
RE: Can't keep fuel equal in tanks.
Return fuel from the engine definitely goes thru a stand pipe, both sides do, no question about that. I actually think it has to for the fuel leveling. I have another truck of the same year and model, only difference is it has 100 gallon tanks, this one has 150. The other truck has standpipes on return fuel also. Plus the leveling function actually works on that truck. I was able to find the installation instructions for the Fass pump that it has. The instructions state the return fuel from the pump does not need to be separate and the proper installation is to plump pump return in with engine return. That's not how it is now. After I read that I looked closer at the fuel tanks and now a can see the return port in the tank that the pump return goes to was added by someone. It's noticeable the port was welded in the tank. They did a fine job doing it, but it doesn't look the same as the suction and the engine return ports do. So, I'm changing that. I'm going to plumb the pump return if with the engine return, before the splitter and cap off the existing ports. All it can do is not work....I've already replaced all the hoses and splitters, this will be a cheap experiment.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't keep fuel equal in tanks. - TerryB - 02-07-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.