2006 W900 lights are haunted. Help!!!
10-14-2022, (Subject: 2006 W900 lights are haunted. Help!!! ) 
2006 W900 lights are haunted. Help!!!
I have an 06 W900. It’s an earlier year model with the 2005 style dash and toggle switches. All of the following issues have started in the last couple of days and at approximately the same time. All four headlight bulbs were LED. Well the passenger side low beam bulb died so I just popped in a halogen. Then not long after, the driver’s side low beam started strobing. It would do it for a while and then straighten up and start again. So I pulled it out and replaced it with a halogen as well. The two high beam bulbs are still LED because I rarely use the high beams. Now the fun begins. I have no trailer brake lights at all. Tractor brake lights are fine. I used a test light starting at the pigtail and made it all the way to the fuse box. There is no power at all to the trailer stop lamp fuse. Next, my overhead ABS light started flashing on and off. It’ll do it for a while and stop for a while. When I turn my headlight switch or marker light switch on, I hear a relay clicking somewhere in the center of the dash. I’m guessing it’s the turn signal stalk? Maybe? My dash indicator for the right turn signal also comes on at this time. The flashers and turn signals still seem to work fine. When the headlights and marker lights are off, I can turn the flashers on and almost all of my gauge and switch lights flash with them. The switch and gauge lights quit flashing when I turn the headlight or marker switch on. I’m sure it’s something totally simple. Would the halogen headlight bulbs be a possible cause since the high beams are leds? Please help!!!!
replyreply
RE: 2006 W900 lights are haunted. Help!!!
unplug all the batteries for 30 min and se if hard-resetting the cab controller clears it up?.

sometimes it is something dumb like the cab controller getting ghost problems in them sometimes.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid60216

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Ok thanks Rawze. I’ll do it right now. I’ll be back in 30
replyreply
Sorry for the delay. Unhooked all batteries for about 45 minutes. Nothing changed when I hooked them back up. I forgot to mention that when I turn on the marker lights and/or headlights, the overhead ABS light blinks on and off with the relay that clicks behind the center of the dash.
replyreply
I'm not sure if your truck is like mine but my ignition relay in my fusebox in the engine bay went on the fritz it cause all kinds of issues with my dash.
replyreply
Ok I’ll check it here in just a few minutes. I think I’ve narrowed down the dash light and turn signal indicator problem to the wiring around the panel with the Jake and cruise switches. I was messing in there earlier just shaking things a bit and it straightened up for a split second. I’m gonna shoot some electronic cleaner in all the connections and hopefully I’ll find it. My trailer brake lights are a different animal. I have no juice at the relay or the fuse and boat are good. Looks like im gonna be yanking the fuse box in the morning.
replyreply
10-15-2022, (Subject: 2006 W900 lights are haunted. Help!!! ) 
make sure it isn't something simple like the pig-tail. Had that happen to me once.. pig tail started feeding back and causing all kinds of havoc before I found it. Odd thing is that the wires all checked fine.. but a different pig-tail solved it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
I would disconnect the pigtail from truck, and see what happens.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Thanks guys. That’s the first thing I did. It’s definitely somewhere on the truck. I thought I had found the general area last night behind the dash but I must’ve been seeing things.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.