2006 W900 lights are haunted. Help!!!
10-18-2022, (Subject: 2006 W900 lights are haunted. Help!!! ) 
RE: 2006 W900 lights are haunted. Help!!!
(10-17-2022 )Grumpyjoewv Wrote:  Well you’re right hhow55. It’s the trailer abs causing the marker and dash lights to be on with the key. I checked both the tractor side and trailer side of the pigtail and there’s power on two pins that shouldn’t have power until the light switches are flipped. Just to see what happened, I pulled the tractor abs fuse and nothing changed. Pulled the trailer abs fuse and all lights went out. So now I’m about to trace it out between the fuse box and firewall. I’m gettin there slowly and I’m hoping surely!

maybe a pic or 2 + follow up of where it was when you finally find it? .. so that perhaps the next person will have something to look for?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Bengy88
10-21-2022, (Subject: 2006 W900 lights are haunted. Help!!! ) 
Yes sir I’ll do that as soon as I get a chance. I’m still having some issues with my turn signals. Going to be working on those later this evening. I did get the brake lights on the trailer going.
replyreply
10-22-2022, (Subject: 2006 W900 lights are haunted. Help!!! ) 
I remember a time or 2 in the past on those Pete's where wonky brake light bulbs would let power go somewhere it should not go and bleed thru the ground circuit somehow.. but one of the opposite bulbs would glow dim with the truck lights switched off.

Not likely your particular issue.. but one never knows. Just making note that i have seen this, for those following this thread.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88
(10-21-2022 )Grumpyjoewv Wrote:  Yes sir I’ll do that as soon as I get a chance. I’m still having some issues with my turn signals. Going to be working on those later this evening. I did get the brake lights on the trailer going.

What are the blinkers doing?
Burning continously?
Not blinking?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Oh man I have a mess. The guy that owned the truck previously switched everything over to LED bulbs plus he added a few. He didn’t do a very good wiring job on the extra bulbs. The right turn indicator on the dash is lit when the headlights/marker lights are on. It’s off when the lights are off. If I turn my right turn signal or my 4 ways on with all other lights off, some of my dash/gauge lights blink with the flasher. I’m pulling what little bit of hair I have left out!
replyreply
https://thegrumpymechanic.com/turn-signa...9t%20Blink

Perhaps some info here will help

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Your system is obviously getting feedback from somewhere. I would start disconnecting lights, and hopefully the culprit can be found.

replyreply
That’s what I’m doing right now while I’m getting loaded. Thanks again for the link. You guys have all been a big help. I’m gonna send ya all a case of beer once I figure it out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
11-01-2022, (Subject: 2006 W900 lights are haunted. Help!!! ) 
I have a house with similar hack job wiring. I tried to study it, but even a few electricians said that calling it a rat's nest would be a compliment. So every chance I get when doing some kind of renovation I just rip out the old wiring and run new. Sounds excessive, but sometimes it's actually just easier then trying to decode (and fix) the old mess. It's the hidden stuff that you don't know about and can't see that really screws everything up.

I guess the point is that it may be easier (and maybe safer) to pull out the hack job wiring and replace those sections than trying to root out and fix each bad splice. Even if you do fix each individual splice they will always be a potential point of failure in the future. Much safer to run new wires and add some extra circuits (if needed) and keep the splices and connections in a central location and to a minimum.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.