T680 Radio replacement - Reception problems
10-26-2022, (Subject: T680 Radio replacement - Reception problems ) 
T680 Radio replacement - Reception problems
I replaced the factory radio on my 2014 T680 last week with a Jensen 1635BT unit so I could have bluetooth for both calling and streaming. I didn't not have to use any adapter harnesses. Everything plugged in fine with the exception of a single connector on the truck side that has a blue wire going into it. There is also an unused blue wire on the head unit that is to power an external amplifier. I did not use it. The bluetooth works perfectly fine but I get horrible FM reception and absolutely no AM reception. Where did I go wrong?
replyreply
10-26-2022, (Subject: T680 Radio replacement - Reception problems ) 
RE: T680 Radio replacement - Reception problems
Sounds like the antenna wire isnt connected or the antenna or wire is bad. Unless you have a bad head unit thats literally all that has anything to do with your radio signal
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
11-13-2022, (Subject: T680 Radio replacement - Reception problems ) 
RE: T680 Radio replacement - Reception problems
Evidently these trucks use a powered antenna. I pulled the headunit and spliced together the unused blue wire on the truck to the blue 12v AMP wire on the head unit and reception instantly improved.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Mrkentee

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.