Continental Batteries
10-29-2022, (Subject: Continental Batteries ) 
RE: Continental Batteries
I use Federated which is made by Deka (made in USA) They have a 2 year full replacement warranty, not that pro-rated scam BS. I don't have any complaints about these batteries.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , SquareOne
10-30-2022, (Subject: Continental Batteries ) 
And deka is made by east penn.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
10-30-2022, (Subject: Continental Batteries ) 
Who makes east Penn? Lol

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
11-01-2022, (Subject: Continental Batteries ) 
Deka is the proprietary brand for East Penn Mfg. But they also make many other brands of batteries, especially some house brands for retail chains. Napa batteries are currently one of them as are Duracell automotive batteries and Federated. About 4 years ago I delivered part of a new machine to them that rolls the thin plates used inside the batteries. The plant is actually located in PA, just about 30 min southwest of Allentown.

The Die Hard brand is, as of a few years ago, owned by Advance Auto Parts. It's not clear, but it appears they are still physically manufactured by Clarios, though the lack of concrete information suggests it could be sourced from multiple manufacturers.

Clarios, formerly Johnson Controls, makes Optima, Duralast, Everstart and many others.

Interstate Batteries are made by both Clarios and Exide.

From their website: "ODYSSEY® batteries are manufactured by EnerSys Energy Products Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of EnerSys...ODYSSEY batteries are manufactured to strict quality standards in five facilities globally: Warrensburg, Missouri and Springfield, Missouri in the United States; Newport, Wales in the United Kingdom, and Arras, France." A quick browse of their website shows that they have many other brands, though each seems targeted at a different market segment with Odyssey being the only one for automotive. These seem to be the most highly recommended batteries on the market right now (for automotive use). Once my current batch of cheap flooded batteries are ready for replacement this will be their successor. The only problem I have with the company is their Diversity, Inclusivity, and Equity (DIE) statement on their website.

These are just a few of the big names in the automotive market. My trip to East Penn made me aware of different brands and manufacturers. So ever since then I've tried to research my battery purchases, both car and truck, to find out where exactly they are coming from (mainly for my own curiosity).

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , windowrattler , hookliftpete , snailexpress , Toolguy
11-01-2022, (Subject: Continental Batteries ) 
odyssey batteries are truly of good quality. A lot of emergency vehicles use them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.