Def doser
11-15-2022, (Subject: Def doser ) 
Def doser
My def doser has been leaking some and I've got some white crystal build up in the decomp tube. When searching the Internet for a new def doser I see there are ones on eBay for $45 or some in the $150 range. Are these any good or should I buy an authentic Bosch one from the dealer?
replyreply
RE: Def doser
I would think that questionable components will result in questionable results. Simple at that.

As a truck owner myself.. I tend not to want to screw around.. and have piece of mind that things were done in a way that will not leave me with more headaches... i got freight to haul and don;t have time to lolly-gagg around with questionable repairs. It costs too much in lost freight to do things more than once and the little bit of savings from a flea-bay part just is not worth it to me.

I am not out here to play half-arsse trucker.. and use parts that may or may not be good.. and tempt fate.. I want solid results that i can rely on.. and then make moneys without all the extra headaches... so My stance is --- OEM Only for almost everything that is mission critical. things like engine parts and anything that can put me on the side of the road with issues!.

That is how I look at myself it any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Bengy88 , ClarkWGriswald
I had a feeling you would say go with the OEM. I could only find one post about someone using the cheap ones from eBay and it didn't sound like he was happy with it. Gonna pick one up at the dealer tomorrow. As I was cleaning some of the crystallized def out of the decomp tube the grate in the middle of it came loose on one side. It looks like that is there to keep the built up def from going any further into the exhaust so it looks like I might be getting a new tube while I'm there.
replyreply
11-16-2022, (Subject: Def doser ) 
In my opinion the only way to "cheap" out on parts is to bypass the markup at in the distribution. Instead of buying a cummins injector get a bosch injector. Same part different boxes. Just quoted an injector today that the difference in cost was about 40% for the same thing. Detroit diesel metering solenoids are like 800 bucks but a genuine bosch is around 250. Same part different distribution.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , ClarkWGriswald

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.