Engine surge on cruise or high idle
12-01-2022, (Subject: Engine surge on cruise or high idle ) 
Engine surge on cruise or high idle
Hello again, I'm having a problem with engine surge while on cruise control and also high idle. If I shut the cruise off it stops. Curious if anyone else has experienced this and if a fix was found. Engine is a cm2250 in a 2012 389 pete with 18 speed. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks
replyreply
RE: Engine surge on cruise or high idle
So your saying it speeds up and slows down while driving it with the cruise on ?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
If an injector is leaky and bleeding fuel into a cylinder.. the idle and such will become wonky (or rough, or cause other issues) if it gets bad enough.

make sure it will pass a rail leak test. do the test EXACLTY like the video shows, let us know what the leak rate was...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid69262

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Yeah it only does in on cruise control or if you idle it up with the cruise. You can hear it. You can watch the boost gauge go up and down 1 or 2 psi you can feel it and also see it in the rail pressure. Leak down test only loses 380 psi in 30 seconds. I'm thinking it's the turbo actuator. I noticed it's not opening all the way at 100% load
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.