Clutch Pedal Very Stiff
11-16-2022, (Subject: Clutch Pedal Very Stiff ) 
Clutch Pedal Very Stiff
Hello! New here and seems to be a lot of helpful info on here!
I have a 2018 579 Peterbilt X15 Cummins Efficiency Series 500hp. Originally a 9 speed and converted to 13 speed. Yesterday I went to the washout to get my trailer washed out ( Cattle Pot) . Got done and started the truck up and when I went to engage the truck the clutch was very stiff, never felt a clutch so stiff in my life. So I pulled up 100 ft and stopped. Went to engage the clutch to take off and it was still very stiff. I thought I could hear a grinding type of noise so I figured my clutch was fried. Get home which is 6 miles from the washout and clutch is still stiff and still hearing grinding/rattling noise. So I called the shop I use to get it in today. This morning started the truck and let it warm up for 25 min before taking off to the shop and when I went to engage the clutch it wasn’t stiff anything like it was yesterday. Still stiff but nothing compared to yesterday. Also, this morning I didn’t hear the grinding/rattling noises that was there as well. Truck did seem to shake a little bit in lower speeds 0-20mph. Dropped truck off at the shop and waiting to hear something but just trying to make sense of this. Did pull the cover over and will upload video of it. Also notice coolant line going to trans cooler had a leak at the clamp. Seemed like around the house at the clamp was red sludge. At the same time I noticed oil on the top side of the transmission and shift tower. The actuator for the hydraulic clutch was replaced a month ago as it had a small leak out of the bottom of the actuator. Look forward to engaging with the members on this forum!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Clutch Pedal Very Stiff
Is this a hydraulic clutch or mechanical linkage?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BrandonOlsen
(11-16-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Is this a hydraulic clutch or mechanical linkage?

Hydraulic clutch
replyreply
maybe low on hydraulic clutch fluid?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BrandonOlsen
(11-16-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  maybe low on hydraulic clutch fluid?.

That was my first thought but when I checked it it was still at the full line. Just heard back from the shop now and said that they adjusted the clutch and rechecked it and good to go. Did say there’s a air leak on the rear when brakes are released that will look into tomorrow
replyreply
(11-16-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  maybe low on hydraulic clutch fluid?.

I was looking back on the video I took. Do you happen to know what this bolt is for ? Looks like it it recently moved with the shiny spots around it

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
11-18-2022, (Subject: Clutch Pedal Very Stiff ) 
is it a air assisted hydraulic clutch you could have a air leak they are pretty stiff without enough air pressure compared to normal
replyreply
11-18-2022, (Subject: Clutch Pedal Very Stiff ) 
(11-18-2022 )Yauchout Wrote:  is it a air assisted hydraulic clutch you could have a air leak they are pretty stiff without enough air pressure compared to normal

I believe so! That would make sense!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.