ISX CM870 Breaking front Timing Actuator, Thoughts...
11-16-2022, (Subject: ISX CM870 Breaking front Timing Actuator, Thoughts... ) 
ISX CM870 Breaking front Timing Actuator, Thoughts...
Hi Guys, Long time reader but first time posting.

We have a ISX cm870 in a 2007 International that has been giving us some trouble breaking the front bank Timing Actuator. It Actually started about 2 years ago. First it it was leaking, we changed the o-rings, then broke the bolts a month later, we replaced the bolts and about a month or 2 later split the whole actuator in half and we replaced it with a new actuator.

then 1.5 years later it broke it again and replaced it with a used one to make it back it actually ran for about 5 weeks and broke the bolts. this time we want to find the issue because obviously there is a problem for the exact same timing actuator having all the issues.

Any ideas? looking around found that it could be the the pressure relief valves on the IFSM or clogged dampers.

or possibly as bad check valve in one of the 3 front injectors.

Has this ever happen to one of you? Any ideas or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Dan.
replyreply
RE: ISX CM870 Breaking Timing Actuators, Thoughts...
BTW the truck starts and runs pretty good for the most part. hasn't changed much since the past few years. it shows about 1.2m miles. not sure if it was ever inframed or had major engine work done.
replyreply
RE: ISX CM870 Breaking front Timing Actuator, Thoughts...
leaky injector can cause actuator failures among other issues...

make sure the engine also passes an injector leak test with flying colors: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid67948

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: EndlessDan

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.