Scumbag demandate #4
08-30-2019, (Subject: Scumbag demandate #4 ) 
RE: Scumbag demandate #4
(08-30-2019 )Curtisj28 Wrote:  Hmmm. I'll definitely be looking into this. Anyone running that set up?

yes hammerhead, anyone running this setup? hmmmm!!???

i put this setup on alot of trucks, hammerhead got the numbers from me lol.

You need a common rail rear water manifold and the 2 part numbers he posted. They want huge money for the common rail water manifold but i buy them used for 50 bucks from a local wrecker so works for me.

This setup WILL NOT fit a 870.

Uni
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Waterloo , Toolguy
(08-30-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  yes hammerhead, anyone running this setup? hmmmm!!???

i put this setup on alot of trucks, hammerhead got the numbers from me lol.

You need a common rail rear water manifold and the 2 part numbers he posted. They want huge money for the common rail water manifold but i buy them used for 50 bucks from a local wrecker so works for me.

This setup WILL NOT fit a 870.

Uni

Yes, I am running this bypass piping.
I was repairing an exhaust manifold leak, and my oil cooler had never been done so it made sense to just remove everything from the RHS of the motor at the same time to keep ahead of issues.
My EGR cooler was leaking, and this was less/equal $$ than another cooler with longer life expectancy.
Yes, I had to update to the common rail return port, as I stated. It was stupid simple to install.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
What are the options on a 870 then?
replyreply
You don't need anything for it, on the 870 model you can use freeze plugs or leave the egr cooler on the engine, it doesn't have the coolant line running to the back of the engine from the egr cooler
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
08-31-2019, (Subject: Scumbag demandate #4 ) 
(08-30-2019 )Rtrucking Wrote:  You don't need anything for it, on the 870 model you can use freeze plugs or leave the egr cooler on the engine, it doesn't have the coolant line running to the back of the engine from the egr cooler

That's what I thought I read somewhere. Wasn't sure tho. Mine are plugged off. Rather be safe than sorry! Thanks!
replyreply
11-25-2022, (Subject: Scumbag demandate #4 ) 
Thanks for the 870 knowledge, all I had to go by were photos of crate motors and EGR coolers for the 870. The EGR Coolers, supposedly for the 870, all had the coolant outlet at the back of the EGR Cooler like on the 871. I do not have the truck available to actually check. Thanks for the heads up.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.