Cold starting in low temps
11-25-2022, (Subject: Cold starting in low temps ) 
RE: Cold starting in low temps
I use NOCO battery chargers and tenders. Years of use and they never fail. Unless someone’s dog get ahold of one and chews it up! Lol

https://no.co/

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
I've been using a low frequency inverter/charger on my truck. It's a very small US based company producing them. The 2 guys designing them remind me of Rawze in so many ways, always tinkering with the code controlling them and redesigning the hardware to make it more robust. I've had it for about a year and other than issues that were causes by a bad chassis ground that caused my cab to use the inverter as a ground path it has been trouble free. It's a 6kw inverter and I have personally had it loaded up to 3300 watts between my microwave and fryer.

It switches between bulk and float modes depending on the programable voltages so you can charge LifePo, lead acid, or AGM.

Anyways that's my battery maintainer lol
replyreply
https://amzn.to/3i9agYt
Would this be a viable option?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
11-26-2022, (Subject: Cold starting in low temps ) 
(11-25-2022 )ptlogan77 Wrote:  In a climate that cold you'd be well off to install a block heater.
During the winter months I always plug mine in...the needle sits at 110, and I also have a battery tender connected to the same plug to maintain the batteries. Cuts down on the cold morning surprises!

Any recommendations on a battery tender?
replyreply
(11-25-2022 )hhow55 Wrote:  https://amzn.to/3i9agYt
Would this be a viable option?

My pickup truck used to sit at the airport long term parking for months sometimes. I used one of these after the first time I needed it jump started.. worked great and never needed another jump start.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Those temps vs 15w40 that oil gonna be like honey thick
We dont see those temps in the south but I still let mine run 10-15 min
need some temp in the oil
I also run rottela in everything I own, from the generator and compressor in the service truck to the hemi I just built for my truck
replyreply
Yep, same here... Gulf South so temps in the 30's are cold to us. I'll check the engine area first, then crank it and finish the pretrip. Usually by that time the needle has moved off of the full cold position and I'll just ease out. By the time I hit the interstate , it's around 150-160 at the gauge.
replyreply
If I'm bobtailing ,empty or very light I do not wait a long time to drive "in town".If fixin to get on the big road I wait longer..If I'm loaded with some weight/full I let her warm up well.I never do the "UPS shut down" where they shut down the engine as fast as possible,"before trk stops rollin".I don't think that so critical as turbos have evolved but I still have knots on the back of my mellon from pops yellin about shutin er down too soon with that dam turbo spinnin 120,000 rpm on a film oil bearing,let the dam thing cool 5 min. first,pop would be happy I still do.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.