How’s this Egr Cooler and Valve Look?
11-23-2022, (Subject: How’s this Egr Cooler and Valve Look? ) 
RE: How’s this Egr Cooler and Valve Look?
(11-22-2022 )Waterloo Wrote:  On the EGR cooler, never heard of cleaning them, they either work or they don't, start leaking coolant. The EGR Valve, I would use carb cleaner from the auto parts store and a tooth brush. I believe Rawze has a video on that subject. The Turbo looks ok to me, is it having issues?

On the cooler I was more or less wondering if it looked "normal" as i've never seen one apart before. I ended up getting carb cleaner and cleaned it up nicely and started taking the rest of the egr pipe off to continue clean it all the way through. For the turbo i'm having problem with excessive exhaust back pressure between 800-1000rpm and boost shoots up. I'm leaning on maybe the actuator. I thought it was trying to regen but more I thought about it I dont think it was. When it regens truck makes a little boost and thats what made me think that. That's why im doing a complete egr tune-up. But I have not smelled the "regen" when it happens. On the turbo I didn't know if the while stuff on top of the blades was normal or not. If you look at the center of the turbo the round peice it looks like its partially broken off and didnt know if thats suppose to be like that or if it broke and I need to be worried
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How’s this Egr Cooler and Valve Look? - BrandonOlsen - 11-23-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.