Bad ECM or bad lift pump connection isx871
12-04-2022, (Subject: Bad ECM or bad lift pump connection isx871 ) 
Bad ECM or bad lift pump connection isx871
Got stuck on the side of the road yesterday close to 15 miles from Montgomery,AL. Made to closest exit. Found out my fuel water separator filter was clogged as it was 7 micron and bad very quickly, i thought will change at night as INHG was over 10 on my gauge. Engine stopped and then turned again with dashboard lights etc, then disappeared etc.

And all day did a research fixing etc. Read posts about bad ECM and connection/ground problems. Thanks to Rawze and Broke.

Isx871, 600 hp, 2010 Kenworth w900 heavy haul, 100,000 after overhaul.

Tried to knock on top yesterday but no visible signs of anything. Added dielectric grease and today after knocking on the top of ecm, it turned off lift pump and the truck. Uploaded video.

I think maybe I need just to install wire from batteries to lift pump with the fuse. Or just it’s all ECM? Also if someone may help to get to Kenworth in Montgomery, AL will be so appreciate, like 15 miles from me.

Also 1117 fault with 3597 spn in Insite. 250 psi fuel rail pressure so it’s probably not a gear fuel pump. I remember Rawze showed me 1117 code, however I was in another problem with the engine and wasn’t pay attention…

other related posts:
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid74048
and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid68909
and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid12320

Tags:
bad ecm, intermittent ecm, smacking ecm, top of ecm shorted, ecm failure, 871 ecm
replyreply
RE: Bad ECM or bad lift pump connection isx871
Bad ECM

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
that video is an excellent example of a bad CM870, CM871 ecm. they are notorious for that when the ecm gets old (8+ years usually) and/or the crank shaft damper goes bad / gets old. ecm. Its done for.//. it is NOT the wiring.

replace the crank shaft damper while your at it or it will do it again in about 2 years.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88 , arazdolgin
(12-04-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  that video is an excellent example of a bad CM870, CM871 ecm. they are notorious for that when the ecm gets old (8+ years usually) and/or the crank shaft damper goes bad / gets old. ecm. Its done for.//. it is NOT the wiring.

replace the crank shaft damper while your at it or it will do it again in about 2 years.

Hmmm you know ive been doing this for 18 years and ive never put 2 and 2 together to even think about the vibration damper causing this. We learn something every day.... Thanks for the input on that and it makes complete sense.
replyreply
12-05-2022, (Subject: Bad ECM or bad lift pump connection isx871 ) 
For now, this ecm is very hard to find anywhere and lead time over 30-40 days. Luckily I found original cummins recon and ordered. I probably will be soon in Griffin to say hi and get that nice Mexican food!

Don’t know if they will be able here to transfer my info to new ecm..Can I do it by using insite, I know that you have to have Calterm
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.