Vibration. Clutch or engine?
11-24-2022, (Subject: Vibration. Clutch or engine? ) 
Vibration. Clutch or engine?
Been trying to find a vibration since the day I swapped my cm570 into my truck. Clutch pedal vibrates and pulsates when driving. Gets worse the more its pulling. Can feel it in the floor too but the worst when I rest my foot on the clutch just to get rid of the free play. Crazy vibration. When I swapped the engine I also replaced the clutch. So I'm thinking the clutch Is the issue. Had it at a mechanic and he thinks the vibration is coming from the engine not the clutch itself. What type of engine vibration would I be able to feel through the clutch? Anyone have any experience with that?
replyreply
RE: Vibration. Clutch or engine?
(11-24-2022 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  Been trying to find a vibration since the day I swapped my cm570 into my truck. Clutch pedal vibrates and pulsates when driving. Gets worse the more its pulling. Can feel it in the floor too but the worst when I rest my foot on the clutch just to get rid of the free play. Crazy vibration. When I swapped the engine I also replaced the clutch. So I'm thinking the clutch Is the issue. Had it at a mechanic and he thinks the vibration is coming from the engine not the clutch itself. What type of engine vibration would I be able to feel through the clutch? Anyone have any experience with that?

Could be either.... Chances are if you swapped the engine then its in the engine... Most likely the vibration damper.... Ive never had a new clutch vibrate so the damper would make more sense unless you bent a clutch disc.
replyreply
(11-24-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote:  
(11-24-2022 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  Been trying to find a vibration since the day I swapped my cm570 into my truck. Clutch pedal vibrates and pulsates when driving. Gets worse the more its pulling. Can feel it in the floor too but the worst when I rest my foot on the clutch just to get rid of the free play. Crazy vibration. When I swapped the engine I also replaced the clutch. So I'm thinking the clutch Is the issue. Had it at a mechanic and he thinks the vibration is coming from the engine not the clutch itself. What type of engine vibration would I be able to feel through the clutch? Anyone have any experience with that?

Could be either.... Chances are if you swapped the engine then its in the engine... Most likely the vibration damper.... Ive never had a new clutch vibrate so the damper would make more sense unless you bent a clutch disc.
Yea I thought that too so we swapped the damper for a new one and it made no difference
replyreply
When you press the clutch does it change?
Usually the vibration changes when you press the pedal if it is indeed the clutch
replyreply
11-25-2022, (Subject: Vibration. Clutch or engine? ) 
(11-24-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote:  When you press the clutch does it change?
Usually the vibration changes when you press the pedal if it is indeed the clutch
Well that's the thing. The pulsating isnt really there until I start driving...
replyreply
Something in the driveline out of whack. Carrier bearing, u-joint, driveshaft out of balance or out of alignment. Did your driveshaft alignment change somehow when you swapped engines?? Maybe you have or need different motor mounts for this engine?? Just throwing things out there.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
(11-25-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Something in the driveline out of whack. Carrier bearing, u-joint, driveshaft out of balance or out of alignment. Did your driveshaft alignment change somehow when you swapped engines?? Maybe you have or need different motor mounts for this engine?? Just throwing things out there.
Anythings possible but I don't see how any angles would have changed. I had a cm2350 before and to my knowledge there shouldn't be a difference in how the engine sits in there. I think they sit on the mounts exactly the same but who knows
replyreply
had someone here one time with a vibration no one could find .. was in the enigne, it would be real bad at about 1400 rpm or so even in neutral.

turns out that it had a slightly bent (not visible by eye) connecting rod because they re-used the old rods during its recent inframe after the engine had hydra-locked previously and no one bothered to check them properly.

the quality of what repair shops do to these engines is complete s$it these days.. so one never knows any more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(11-25-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  had someone here one time with a vibration no one could find .. was in the enigne, it would be real bad at about 1400 rpm or so even in neutral.

turns out that it had a slightly bent (not visible by eye) connecting rod because they re-used the old rods during its recent inframe after the engine had hydra-locked previously and no one bothered to check them properly.

the quality of what repair shops do to these engines is complete s$it these days.. so one never knows any more.
this thing also has a vibration at 1400 even in neutral. But if I shut my engine off. Then restart it and rev it up to 1400. It takes about half a minute for the vibration to come back. And that vibration is worse some days than others.. I would think a bent connecting rod would vibrate the whole time it wouldn't take a bit for it to show up
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.