Cm2350 intermidiate loss of power
11-25-2022, (Subject: Cm2350 intermidiate loss of power ) 
Cm2350 intermidiate loss of power
Hello everyone and happy Thanksgiving! I have hig fuel rail presure just wanted to see if any of you had this issue before. Thank you!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Cm2350 intermidiate loss of power
With 19k run hours on that engine.. I hope like he$ell someone has changed the guts of the high pressure fuel pump. it is due every 8200 hours or so. I.E.> It should have been done 2 times by now... and the last time very recently.

any ways... first check if it will pass an injector leak test done exactly like this video shows...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid69262

and change the guts (tappets, rollers, plungers) in the high pressure pump if it has not been done in the last 8k hours. this is nothing to take lightly ... your whole engine can destroy itself if that pump starts to fail.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid43480

And when is the last time you did an EGR tune-up on it?.. or is it deleted (de-mandated)?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thank you for your response! The high pressure pump was fully replaced 180k miles ago last year. Truck is deleted for about 220k miles and had no issues with it so far. So I'm really hopping it's not the pump because the funds are tight at the moment.at this moment I'm replacing the presure relife valve and I will test the injectors as soon as I'm done. Il post results.
replyreply
Maybe unrelated or lots of old faults not cleared, but you appear to have multiple electrical faults there. Would be a good idea to check all the battery connections/cables, grounds and wiring harnesses for potential problems / breaks / rubbing / shorts / corrosion.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
(11-25-2022 )Simpleman Wrote:  Thank you for your response! The high pressure pump was fully replaced 180k miles ago last year. Truck is deleted for about 220k miles and had no issues with it so far. So I'm really hopping it's not the pump because the funds are tight at the moment.at this moment I'm replacing the presure relife valve and I will test the injectors as soon as I'm done. Il post results.

since more then 90% of all delete programs are harmful to the engine .. all while the driver swears there seems to be nothing wrong.. your next move is to also copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review. Does not matter "how you think it runs"... engine life from bad programming is most often cut in half and that is still a few years of run time while progressive damage is being done internally.

It is nothing to take lightly at all or to make assumptions about. Bad delete programming is a plague in our industry.

Copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me so that it can be properly reviewed and you know exactly what is in there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I would love to copy the program but I'm not that computer savvy

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Passed the fuel.leak test and injector test
replyreply
Commended fuel rail presure and actual difers by decent amount
replyreply
I really don't know parimeters of fuel presure but I'm not fluctuating more than 1300 psi from commended to actual. From the pictures I posted. It's my first cummings and it's a huge learning curve for me always had pre emmison engines before d60 3406e cat
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.