N14 Celect Plus code 111
11-25-2022, (Subject: N14 Celect Plus code 111 ) 
N14 Celect Plus code 111
Just got a call with a truck down with this 111 code "ecm internal error". Customer was jumping the solenoid to start his truck. Pulled a new ignition wire and now it cranks but gets the red stop light and this 111 code. Is it just a bad coincidence or is there potentially some type of wire harness short? Customer is getting their spare ecm and I'm heading to program it but I'm a little concerned if maybe there is a different issue causing it. Any input?
replyreply
RE: N14 Celect Plus code 111
if someone supplies power to the shutoff solenoid then it will back-feed and fry the ecm circuit that controls it if the wiring from the ecm is still connected to it. Same thing with other sensors or solenoids.

also, if someone is jumping out the starter coils/solenoid by hand, and it sparks instead of catches solid, then it can create some massive power surges throughout the vehicle and fry the ecm or other components.

Fried components can also have a chance to happen if someone hooks up a 24-volt jump starter box to a truck too. It can fry the alternator or qualcomm unit, or other 12-volt only components.. and possibly the ecm though it is a bit better protected form this type of abuse.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
Thanks rawze. I'm going to look a little closer on the wiring diagrams to see if it could have been a back feed like you're describing. Obviously we font want to put an ecm in and fry the new one also if that's what happened.
replyreply
11-28-2022, (Subject: N14 Celect Plus code 111 ) 
Well I messed around with the ecm today to see if by a miracle I could get it to work. My idea was that maybe (huge maybe) I could reflash it. Insite fails to flash right after saving parameters. Using calterm 3.17 and 4.7 I couldn't unlock the ecm or change status. Bootloader versions was blank and got an error. I'm thinking that insite was having the same issue with the ecm not responding to unlocking. Oh well new ecm should be here tomorrow.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.