Aftermarket ISX oil pan
09-09-2016, (Subject: Aftermarket ISX oil pan ) 
Aftermarket ISX oil pan
Hello Drivers/ Shade tree wrench turners:

Our oil pan on our ISX 871 decided to spring a pisser leak .
We patched it with JB Weld. It held so load was delivered.
Need new oil pan. Can anyone recommend an after market one,
Or should we Bite the Bullet and try Cummins ? Also I read
On forum about pan gasket,what type should I get , cork or
Is there a neoprene one. Any help is appreciated.
replyreply
09-10-2016, (Subject: Aftermarket ISX oil pan ) 
RE: Aftermarket ISX oil pan
That makes me glad that I sanded down and re-painted mine when I did my inframe back in April.

Mine has the factory rubber gasket. Works fine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I just received my old 15 via UPS, hopefully I get it on before I get any leaks. I haven't found an aftermarket pan that I want to trust yet. I hear of guys patching the pan with por patch then using por 15 paint on them. Less than 100 bucks that way.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
I ended up putting an aftermarket pan on last cause the original was leaking pretty bad an i was leaving my mark everywhere, the price difference on OEM vs aftermarket was what sold me I can remember the exact number but it was over 500 more. it's been holding up pretty good an the one I got holds an extra half gallon to gallon of oil, the place I bought it from has a urethane coating they use to refresh old oil pans an help get some more time outta them before rush fully sets in. I had them coat mine fresh outta the box an seems to be working good still looks like new even after our ruff Canadian winter.

I just used the OEM rubber gasket it's doing the job just find.
replyreply
I searched around and found a good, well almost new OEM used oil pan at an outfit in Wyoming MI that handles Cummins motors. I paid $500 cash for it and keep after the paint on her. That pan has been fine, reinspected at the time of the in frame and is holding up well. No way was I paying the $1300 the dealers wanted at the time for a new OEM pan.

How much are these aftermarket pans?
replyreply
What about Line X? Clean and prep the pan.. take it to Line X and do whatever color you want.
replyreply
(09-10-2016 )preacherboy24 Wrote:  What about Line X? Clean and prep the pan.. take it to Line X and do whatever color you want.

I wonder about heat dissipation if you were to do that to the exterior of the pan? I imagine that some of that is going on down there.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.