Cm870 ecm went into read only mode
12-02-2022, (Subject: Cm870 ecm went into read only mode ) 
Thumbs Down Cm870 ecm went into read only mode
Was getting my 870 demandated today and it went into a read only mode.Is a bench harness the only way to get the ecm flashed?
replyreply
12-03-2022, (Subject: Cm870 ecm went into read only mode ) 
RE: Cm870 ecm went into read only mode
https://americadiesel.com/product/bench-...olor=Black

Will this work?
replyreply
CM870 ecm's are tricky and have quirks. They are unlike any newer ecm's, and are actually more quirky than older ones.

I have never had to resort to removing one and putting it on a bench harness. Not even in a worse case scenario where a failed or bad flash puts it in rom-boot or some other mode. It can be recovered by changing its mode back and going again. Sometimes a person has to do this though on the engine harness network and not the truck one though.

Makes me wonder who was helping you with that, as I have already helped forum member 'running rough' solve and/or prevent most of these type of tricks and traps of the CM870 ecm's and their quirks these past few years.

-= Did you try to put back in a a program that had previously been copied out? -=- that is a no-no for a CM870.

Only clean incal files can be used to flash one properly.. and then hand edit about 12 or so settings after it is installed to get the aux.emissions systems to not derate it. And even then, only certain versions of CT can be used to not corrupt the incal file if it is edited so that you don't end up in that situation.

the modes it can end up in are...

0x1D0A - rom-boot. (blank ecm with no program).

0x600D - run mode (its normal mode).

0x5EED - engineering mode (allows editing ram parameters and manual control of VG turbo, etc.).

0x2B16 - (First boot mode. Clears out old data, re-aligns the ecm to the engine again, and takes about 8 minutes to do all of its background tasks. Incal files will trigger this mode when they are flashed in.).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(12-03-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  CM870 ecm's are tricky and have quirks. They are unlike any newer ecm's, and are actually more quirky than older ones.

I have never had to resort to removing one and putting it on a bench harness. Not even in a worse case scenario where a failed or bad flash puts it in rom-boot or some other mode. It can be recovered by changing its mode back and going again. Sometimes a person has to do this though on the engine harness network and not the truck one though.

Makes me wonder who was helping you with that, as I have already helped forum member 'running rough' solve and/or prevent most of these type of tricks and traps of the CM870 ecm's and their quirks these past few years.

-= Did you try to put back in a a program that had previously been copied out? -=- that is a no-no for a CM870.

Only clean incal files can be used to flash one properly.. and then hand edit about 12 or so settings after it is installed to get the aux.emissions systems to not derate it. And even then, only certain versions of CT can be used to not corrupt the incal file if it is edited so that you don't end up in that situation.

the modes it can end up in are...

0x1D0A - rom-boot. (blank ecm with no program).

0x600D - run mode (its normal mode).

0x5EED - engineering mode (allows editing ram parameters and manual control of VG turbo, etc.).

0x2B16 - (First boot mode. Clears out old data, re-aligns the ecm to the engine again, and takes about 8 minutes to do all of its background tasks. Incal files will trigger this mode when they are flashed in.).

The truck is an 03’ international 9900i could that have been why it went into ROM boot.Also would you happen to know anyone that can get me going again? Truck is under a load.
replyreply
Running rough was the one helping him with it. We had one on an international 9400i a few months ago and connecting through the engine harness did no good.... Running rough had me connect a bench harness and it programmed fine after that.
replyreply
This is why any programming I do is while I'm off with nothing planned. I'm always leery of unforeseen complications.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , marek4792 , smorgan87
Does anyone know where I can buy a bench harness?
replyreply
https://americadiesel.com/product/bench-...870-cm871/

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
12-04-2022, (Subject: Cm870 ecm went into read only mode ) 
(12-03-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  https://americadiesel.com/product/bench-...870-cm871/

Is that all I need?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.