Should I replace dpf filter when changing out Doc?
12-04-2022, (Subject: Should I replace dpf filter when changing out Doc? ) 
Should I replace dpf filter when changing out Doc?
Hello everyone I was getting code 3376 incomplete regen. I regened for 2 hours on Thursday night and drive home 2 hours. I then regened and watch the temp only go to 900 degrees in insite. I have done my forced regened watxh temps go to 1050 or better. I took it of to a shop that cleans and sells both. I took doc to shop they said it was cad because it filter was pushed out from back pressure. I had it cleaned a few months ago and took it out today. Some white pieces came out I guess its the seal around it. Best to replace it?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Should I replace dpf filter when changing out Doc?
More than likely replace both, the doc is what determines the regen temp, as it is the catalyst to cause the fuel to burn, if you only got to 900 f, definitely replace the doc, should be seeing 1100 deg f on a healthy regen.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
Don't buy aftermarket, buy OEM only. Did you have those flow tested by a dealer? What engine do you have? Maybe a doser injector problem too?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(12-04-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Don't buy aftermarket, buy OEM only. Did you have those flow tested by a dealer? What engine do you have? Maybe a doser injector problem too?
I have a Cummins isx15. I took it to a cleaning shop and they stuck these lil straw things into the doc . They wouldn’t go through it in certain spots. They said it collapsed in certain places and said it needed to be replaced. I had a bad egr cooler I replaced this summer and not sure how long it was bad. The dpf was pink and I cleaned it when I did the egr. I probably should have changed them at that time. They saying it’s faceplugged and kept getting the shutdown dpf filter full code. Thursday and Friday after forced regens.
replyreply
(12-04-2022 )Nhramember Wrote:  
(12-04-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Don't buy aftermarket, buy OEM only. Did you have those flow tested by a dealer? What engine do you have? Maybe a doser injector problem too?
I have a Cummins isx15. I took it to a cleaning shop and they stuck these lil straw things into the doc . They wouldn’t go through it in certain spots. They said it collapsed in certain places and said it needed to be replaced. I had a bad egr cooler I replaced this summer and not sure how long it was bad. The dpf was pink and I cleaned it when I did the egr. I probably should have changed them at that time. They saying it’s faceplugged and kept getting the shutdown dpf filter full code. Thursday and Friday after forced regens.

first of all, any liquids significantly weaken the DPF and DOc units. It washes out the precious metals in them quite rapidly and easily.. then they do not function properly any more. This means that if your egr coler was leaking, it ruined those units.. or made them very weak at the least. -= Also, those element cannot be cleaned with liquids either for the same reasons.

next.. the DPF unit,.. every other hole IS SUPPOSED TO BE BLOCKED OFF .. it is part of its design for properly trapping soot and ash. Not sure about the DOC though, if it is supposed to have blocked hols=es or not in its design.

sounds to me like both units are bad if you had an egr cooler leak. It also.. from how the look in the pics, .. looks like someone might have used a liquid product to clean them.. this ruins them too... so i would say that both are likely definitely bad at this point.

just some info to consider.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Ok I will replace them what’s the best replacement is aftermarket ok ? I have ers here in md that is owned by Lkq gave me a quote of 2400.00 for a new Doc not reman with warranty.I checked Cummins they didn’t have but kw said 6300.00 for doc. Now I gotta add a cost for dpf filter.
replyreply
(12-04-2022 )Nhramember Wrote:  Ok I will replace them what’s the best replacement is aftermarket ok ? I have ers here in md that is owned by Lkq gave me a quote of 2400.00 for a new Doc not reman with warranty.I checked Cummins they didn’t have but kw said 6300.00 for doc. Now I gotta add a cost for dpf filter.

OEM ONLY!!!>.. unless you want it to last only 2 years .. maybe less, and act up like mad.

every single brand and make of aftermarket DPF/doc, etc.. have been nothing but garbage and problems that I have seen... not worth it if you ask me.

it being that expensive to replace both units, .. the alternative method of cleaning them out with a hammer and chisel comes to mind. Then having the ecm re-programmed by one of the recommended ppl on here so that you don't have to question what was done. That or doing the re-programming yourself. -= all the files and such that are needed to do that + how-to's are free on the interwebs if you know where to look. Someone even slightly savvy enough with a pc to run a typical spread-sheet and/or look at engine codes with Insite softwaere, etc. is capable of doing the programming job themselves. The programing part itself certainly ain't worth no thousands of $$$ like a lot of crooks would have you to believe. It is a scam and plague in the trucking industry. -= It ain't that difficult, especially for a CM871.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I have insite and good with my hands too. I would do it if I had good direction on how to do it and reprogram the ecm. Is it difficult?
replyreply
(12-04-2022 )Nhramember Wrote:  I have insite and good with my hands too. I would do it if I had good direction on how to do it and reprogram the ecm. Is it difficult?
I have an Isx 15 2015 Cummins
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.