2017 x15 Coolant system pressure test. Not losing pressure after 20 minutes ??
12-07-2022, (Subject: 2017 x15 Coolant system pressure test. Not losing pressure after 20 minutes ?? ) 
RE: 2017 x15 Coolant system pressure test. Not losing pressure after 20 minutes ??
(12-05-2022 )BrandonOlsen Wrote:  ...

60 K miles on valve cover gasket at the time of overhaul. Everything but the head was done as it was to cummins specs .

this is a HUGE RED FLAG!... re-using the old head was a complete NO-NO!.... that engine now has a very high chance of head or head gasket failure now. I can almost predict that it will likely not last very long, it with a head gasket failure due to the head being re-used and no one raising the liners properly, or doing anything that actually extends the engines life properly. Those heads are throw-way... not repairable by a machine shop, .. not re-usable,.. nothing, once they have a lot of run time on them. Also if that shop was dumb enough to do this then i can almost bet that the rebuild was likely s&it too. -=- Did they counter-bore it.. and what did they set the final height to?.

Sounds to me like you very well could have ended up in a sh%it show of a situation there to me.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 x15 Coolant system pressure test. Not losing pressure after 20 minutes ?? - Rawze - 12-07-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.