Tune a stock mandated 2350
12-10-2022, (Subject: Tune a stock mandated 2350 ) 
Tune a stock mandated 2350
Just curious if I could get some info on tuning a mandated truck. I know the de-mandated trucks have to be tuned. Is there a benefit of tuning a mandated truck ?
replyreply
12-10-2022, (Subject: Tune a stock mandated 2350 ) 
RE: Tune a stock mandated 2350
Improved engine and aftertreatment performance. Derates can be removed so in worst case scenario you can get to a shop at your leisure instead being stuck on the side of the road waiting for a tow praying not to get hit before then..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88
12-11-2022, (Subject: Tune a stock mandated 2350 ) 
(12-10-2022 )marek4792 Wrote:  Improved engine and aftertreatment performance. Derates can be removed so in worst case scenario you can get to a shop at your leisure instead being stuck on the side of the road waiting for a tow praying not to get hit before then..

Is there a detailed thread on info about tuning for mandated trucks . I know there’s the MM thread but didn’t know if it’s the same concept just without the de-mandating.
replyreply
There are very few people i would trust to do this tuning properly and actually tune your engine to be more economical and more safe and not just turn off a few things and say its tuned. On the top of my head i can think of 3 people. If you are serious about doing or learning this my first step would be to join rawze mumble server
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792 , Waterloo , BrandonOlsen
By tuning, you are asking if you can "tune" the factory tune without deleting the mandate? What are you looking to do, or accomplish? Let's first start with the truck, year, make, model, GEARING and transmission, manual or auto and how many speeds.

As far as tuning one of these motors, as Bengy88 stated, there are only a few people I would allow to touch my truck. If you want to learn how to do it yourself, you can converse with Rawze on Mumble. If you just want general information on "tuning" your truck, ask your questions here so that we can all learn, or help. ;-)

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , BrandonOlsen
Yes it can be done. It does void any drive train warranty you have on the vehicle though.

First hurdle is that someone has to ask themselves ... is it worth loosing their drive train warranty?

Question is what someone is looking to adjust?

Here what can safely be done...

* custom power/torque curve, or maybe set it bit higher .. however ... not a whole lot more power, as the emissions systems will not be able to handle it as is. -- I.E>> Setting a 450/1650 engine to 1850-575hp is going to over-work those emissions systems cans to an agonizing death, but setting it on say, 485-1780 would still be in range.

* Make it not leave you on the side of the road when the system acts up by removing derates and shutdowns.. but still give you all the warning and CEL lights so that you know something is wrong. -= This sounds great at first .. get rid of those garbage shutdowns and derates because it is complaining, usually about noting much at all, but it actually is a double edged sword that can cause some serious problems. --=I.E.>> Many times, that truck owner/driver will tell themselves that they will "get the problem fixed".. but then time goes on.. and a few more thousand miles.. and a week goes by.. and then they wonder why their turbocharger blew its guts due to over-spooling because of a clogged up DPF system can that would have normally shut the truck down.

* Make it use less DEF fluid by let the system be more relaxed/lienient overall.. while it is still able to pass when tested. -- I.E>> instead of trying to hold the most strict (lowest) numbers, let it hold only the upper end of the requirement. -= This of course only if you live in a foreign country that lets you do this type of tweaking to make it lenient ... ehemm.lol

Here is an older article on this...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...627#pid627

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BrandonOlsen , barf
Im looking at getting the most out of my engine and after treatment. I’d like to get the most power with the best fuel mileage and def consumption. I haul heavy loads 90-96k gross. Fuel mileage and DEF consumption are my top priorities along with engine longevity. Just want what’s best for this engine and improve it to what’s its truly capable of doing without deleting is. I have no desire to delete it. Run a good mixture of flat ground and hills

I would like someone very knowledgeable to do it. But at the same time I genuinely would like to learn everything about these engines and all the perks of tuning them to get better results out of them and one day be capable of helping someone else looking for the same help and have the knowledge to pass it along .

Truck is a 2018 579 Peterbilt.
X15 500 hp CM2350 CPL#4342
3.25 rearends
Eaton 13 speed which was converted from a 9 speed to 13
660,000 miles on the truck (Out of warranty)
O/H 70,000 miles ago. Original Trans, Rears, Clutch

I will try getting this mumble app and reviewing the thread rawze posted.

P.S — Trucking out of Libya. Yes I know. 2018 Peterbilt. Got the nicest truck around and def is hard to come by.
replyreply
Just curious why you don't want to demandate it ?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BrandonOlsen
(12-11-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Just curious why you don't want to demandate it ?

Just in case I have to go somewhere outside of “Libya” where you have to pass emissions. Although not 100% against de-mandating it. Would just need to look into it very informatively as I’ve heard so many horror stories of bad deletes. When I can truly understand everything that involves a delete then I’ll put more thought into it
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.