no accelarator responce after start
12-11-2022, (Subject: no accelarator responce after start ) 
no accelarator responce after start
Hello, I recently noticed that sometimes my engine would stay in idle and not respond to accelerator pedal right after start for 6-8 seconds. It happens randomly. Sometimes I need to shut engine off for 1 minute and sometimes for 15 min to get this symptom. If I shut off engine and crank it back then accelerator works right away. Is something is failing? Or maybe it is normal and there is some logic in ecm for it? I have no active or inactive faults.
replyreply
12-12-2022, (Subject: no accelarator responce after start ) 
RE: no accelarator responce after start
monitoring the throttle input signal and the fuel control state in the ecm would tell you if it is something in the computer holding it back... and what it was... or if the thing is simply not getting a throttle pedal signal.

you also did not mention what kind of truck, engine, etc... or some history on the issue.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Konstantin , Dannyidp
CM871 with mm demandate
Like i told him on whatsapp
watch the oil pressure no cummins will allow throttle until op is up
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Konstantin
(12-12-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  monitoring the throttle input signal and the fuel control state in the ecm would tell you if it is something in the computer holding it back... and what it was... or if the thing is simply not getting a throttle pedal signal.

you also did not mention what kind of truck, engine, etc... or some history on the issue.

Thanks! I find identical truck on parking lot and checked it. same thing. must be something programmed in them. It is cascadia 2009 with cm871. I was driving it for long time and never accelerated right after engine start.
For future how could I monitor fuel control state? I don't see such parameter in Insite. Is it in Calterm?
replyreply
(12-12-2022 )RollinCoal Wrote:  CM871 with mm demandate
Like i told him on whatsapp
watch the oil pressure no cummins will allow throttle until op is up

Thanks! I just had some doubts because my other truck Volvo 2008 with CM870 doesn't do that. And I also was monitoring it state in Insite, and engine state was always "low speed governor" or something like that and after changing to "automotive governor" I see that there is a parameter for engine control "engine startup oil limit", but
it never control my engine after cranking, at least it did not show up during the test.
Whatever the case I find identical truck on my parking lot, just not deleted, and it does same thing. Owner like me was surprised, I guess nobody try to press on accelerator right after start.
Thanks for helping me out with calibration, I had before old MM calibration in it and now it is day and night. way better. i had to do update earlier.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.