International Front Hangers
09-10-2016, (Subject: International Front Hangers ) 
International Front Hangers
Had a popping noise when turning to the left and then back to the right. The frequency of the popping increased over the last year. During this time my steer tires began to take a beating.

My king pins, and all other suspension parts were good; except my hangers and bushings and bolts.

This is the passenger side hanger and if you look closely around the edge of the bushing you can see the roughed up edges of the rubber and bushing.

./uploads/201609/post_602_1473529616_7f6bb287b572bdf8359e3106b0796215.jpeg
replyreply
RE: International Front Suspension
The drivers side front hanger had the same appearance on the outside edge as the photo above... of the passenger side hanger.

Here is what the inside looks like on the drivers side front hanger when you push the bushing out with a 20 ton press.

./uploads/201609/post_602_1473529781_853bbe4b5c0cd1585c94896b26a7d886.jpeg

So if you have front hangers that you can see the circular edges of the bushing and rubber are roughed up, then the inside of the bushings may look like that.

The suspension guy doing the work recommended that if I keep the truck for a long time, to convert to Screw In bolt and bushings in the hangers. He said they would have grease fittings to grease and you would grease them once every two weeks. He says his opinion is, they will last a lot longer than the factory replacement hangers and bushings, and the bushings have less of a chance of locking up and beating itself to death inside.
replyreply
RE: International Front Suspension
My next project... I was greasing my front end the other day, lifted it to get the king pins properly, but noticed the boots on the tie rod ends are about finished... Thank you for the heads up on these bushings, I will add that to my list of things to replace. Do you have any numbers or manufacturer for those screw in greaseable bushings/hangars? I love grease and zerks...
replyreply
RE: International Front Hangers
(09-10-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  My next project... I was greasing my front end the other day, lifted it to get the king pins properly, but noticed the boots on the tie rod ends are about finished... Thank you for the heads up on these bushings, I will add that to my list of things to replace. Do you have any numbers or manufacturer for those screw in greaseable bushings/hangars? I love grease and zerks...

I don't have the name of the screw in pins and bushings kit for the hangars. But if it's ok with Rawze to give this info I will add it here. If it's not I will delete it if needed or somebody else can delete it if needed.

Try calling and ask for Jason or John and ask them about the screw in pins for the hangars. This is their shop and they do everything with frame straightening, frame mending, and everything else with suspension parts. They sell OEM replacement shocks also.

SpringsandSuspension.com

404-675-9580
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.