Aftertreatment Outlet NOx reading stable - Reading Not Available
12-17-2022, (Subject: Aftertreatment Outlet NOx reading stable - Reading Not Available ) 
Aftertreatment Outlet NOx reading stable - Reading Not Available
Just checking out insite as it’s new to me. Truck is running fine but saw a couple things that caught my eye.
2017 x15 2350 114B

- Aftertreatment Outlet NOx reading stable - Reading Not Available
- Aftertreatment Outlet NOx Corrected - 0
- Aftertreatment Outlet NOx - 139

- Aftertreatment SCR Intake Temperature - 295
- Aftertreatment SCR Intake Temperature Signal Voltage - 0v
- Aftertreatment SCR Outlet Temperature - 256
- Aftertreatment SCR Outlet Temperature Signal Voltage - 0

- Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Operating State - Inactive
- Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Ash Load - 52.6 (Percent)
I’m very interested in this one because every time I’ve ever checked it before it’s always been at 0 percent. I was looking back to a month ago and 1 week ago and was always at 0.

Just curious if these are normal ?
replyreply
12-18-2022, (Subject: Aftertreatment Outlet NOx reading stable - Reading Not Available ) 
RE: Aftertreatment Outlet NOx reading stable - Reading Not Available
Cummins recommends "cleaning" the filters every 450k
Personally Id swap it out
And replace diff pressure sensor, exhaust pressure sensor at the same time
those are what tells the ecm when its loaded/full
Id also suggest doing a tuneup at the same time in replacing egr diff pressure and cleaning the ports then replace intake pressure sensor
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BrandonOlsen
12-18-2022, (Subject: Aftertreatment Outlet NOx reading stable - Reading Not Available ) 
(12-18-2022 )RollinCoal Wrote:  Cummins recommends "cleaning" the filters every 450k
Personally Id swap it out
And replace diff pressure sensor, exhaust pressure sensor at the same time
those are what tells the ecm when its loaded/full
Id also suggest doing a tuneup at the same time in replacing egr diff pressure and cleaning the ports then replace intake pressure sensor

75k miles on new filter. Complete EGR Tune up within the last 10K miles
replyreply
Did you reset the soot counter after dpf replacement? It shouldn't say 52.6 percent if it's new.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(12-18-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Did you reset the soot counter after dpf replacement? It shouldn't say 52.6 percent if it's new.

I did not . Shop had done it and not sure if they did or not. That was done last year around July. But when I checked it last week it showed 0 percent. I have a couple different work orders on insite going back a month and everyone of them all showed 0 percent
replyreply
01-01-2023, (Subject: Aftertreatment Outlet NOx reading stable - Reading Not Available ) 
(12-17-2022 )BrandonOlsen Wrote:  Just checking out insite as it’s new to me. Truck is running fine but saw a couple things that caught my eye.
2017 x15 2350 114B

I’m very interested in this one because every time I’ve ever checked it before it’s always been at 0 percent. I was looking back to a month ago and 1 week ago and was always at 0.

- Aftertreatment Outlet NOx reading stable - Reading Not Available Becomes stable once the scr temp has reached around 450*.

- Aftertreatment Outlet NOx Corrected - 0 You see a value once the SCR Inlet and Outlet temperature are stable and around 450*

- Aftertreatment Outlet NOx - 139 Raw value from the sensor. Usually not much deviation from the corrected value. Depends on engine operating state and Inlet NOx. During an SCR test you could see these hover around 60-70ppm on a healthy canister during DEF injection.

- Aftertreatment SCR Intake Temperature - 295 Likely on SCR warm up state, but normal.

- Aftertreatment SCR Outlet Temperature - 256 Likely on SCR warm up state, but normal.

- Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Operating State - Inactive Wont have a value unless the ECM requests a regen.

- Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Ash Load - 52.6 (Percent) I believe this is mileage based and in order to clear it you must reset it under Advanced ECM Data.{added by rawze: but this soot load reset procedure should only ever be done if the DPF is actually removed, baked, de-ashed, and flow tested to actually clear it out, so that it matches again and the ecm does not get confused about the pressures differential it is seeing.}
replyreply
01-03-2023, (Subject: Aftertreatment Outlet NOx reading stable - Reading Not Available ) 
(01-01-2023 )Gill Oruga Wrote:  
(12-17-2022 )BrandonOlsen Wrote:  Just checking out insite as it’s new to me. Truck is running fine but saw a couple things that caught my eye.
2017 x15 2350 114B

- Aftertreatment Outlet NOx reading stable - Reading Not Available Becomes stable once the scr temp has reached around 450*.

- Aftertreatment Outlet NOx Corrected - 0 You see a value once the SCR Inlet and Outlet temperature are stable and around 450*

- Aftertreatment Outlet NOx - 139 Raw value from the sensor. Usually not much deviation from the corrected value. Depends on engine operating state and Inlet NOx. During an SCR test you could see these hover around 60-70ppm on a healthy canister during DEF injection.

- Aftertreatment SCR Intake Temperature - 295 Likely on SCR warm up state, but normal.

- Aftertreatment SCR Outlet Temperature - 256 Likely on SCR warm up state, but normal.

- Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Operating State - Inactive Wont have a value unless the ECM requests a regen.

- Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Ash Load - 52.6 (Percent) I believe this is mileage based and in order to clear it you must reset it under Advanced ECM Data.{added by rawze: but this soot load reset procedure should only ever be done if the DPF is actually removed, baked, de-ashed, and flow tested to actually clear it out, so that it matches again and the ecm does not get confused about the pressures differential it is seeing.}

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it. Hope you had a good Christmas and New Years!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.