Overhead
09-11-2016, (Subject: Overhead ) 
RE: Overhead
After the .0276 adjustment, I checked with a dial indicator, I had to back 2 off and set to .030 but I have 2 on the rear bank that have 0.
Maybe the Jake piston is stuck?
replyreply
(09-11-2016 )dbl overdrive Wrote:  After the .0276 adjustment, I checked with a dial indicator, I had to back 2 off and set to .030 but I have 2 on the rear bank that have 0.
Maybe the Jake piston is stuck?

It sound more to me like you may not be in the correct position on the crank when you are setting them. Otherwise, something is very wrong --- I have never seen zero unless the jake piston is damaged/ broken and protruding too far downward.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
O.k so I'm going to have a closer look at the jakes themselves. Maybe it's defective.
I'll verify static timing as well.
Any other advice? Thanks Rawze.
replyreply
I verified timing with wedges and pin.
Pistons look good, no broken spring in assembly.
The only thing I can think of is the rocker shaft itself is wore out where the little ball drops in so I'm going to check that next.
replyreply
Could you provide some photos?
replyreply
09-24-2016, (Subject: Overhead ) 
Just a update on this truck. For some reason I'm not able to post pics but anyway, I had to replace the roller shafts as they had excessive wear. After doing that and 8 roolers, I was able to barley get 0.36 out of it.
This engine was a salvage yard replacement after the guy blew a new engine due to a bad tune. I made another post about that.

It's a pretty sad story for this guy. The engine is at the end of its life and shows extreme wear in the head . Both cams are bad and at the very least, he needs a head. He's out of money but has credit at a small shop in his town so I sent him down the road after fixing his tune and doing what little I could for him.
He called me this week to let me know he was in his shop getting a inframe done for another 20 grand on credit.
Thanks Rawze and everyone else who helped out on this one. It was another first for me. Lol.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.