{AFTER-GRABAGE} Diesel parts
12-28-2022, (Subject: {AFTER-GRABAGE} Diesel parts ) 
{AFTER-GRABAGE} Diesel parts
Anyone have any recommendations on this parts supplier?
Was considering their remand rocker arms and fuel camshaft.
CM 871
replyreply
RE: ATL Diesel parts
OEM only on the internals.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Roysbigtoys
(12-28-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  OEM only on the internals.

This. I lost a powerstroke to a jobber oil water pump. Put the jobber on, 3000km later it's spraying coolant and the shaft is wobbling... In the middle of no where British Columbia, no cell coverage, we had to limp the truck back to town. Overheated, unseated the injector cups. The heads had to come off, but then something got into an oil galley when the head got machined. Started the engine, then one of the piston squirters got plugged with a chip from machining, piston came apart... Threw in the towel and put an international reman in. The jobber was $400 less than the oem pump... the reman ended up being around $10k said and done.
replyreply
02-04-2023, (Subject: {AFTER-GRABAGE} Diesel parts ) 
I bought those and every other part they offered for an inframe I'm waiting to get done. Head, rods, cams, steel liner piston kit. I'll report back. Full OEM for just parts was 26k and I got everything from {aftermarket company} for 15K. I still have labor to pay for too which is another 5-7K. This was for a cm870. If I had the cash I would of went oem of course but I don't so here we go. Some things have a 2 yr warranty, 1 yr and 6 month. Will they warranty their items if something goes bad? I doubt it, no one ever wants to take blame anyways. I figured they wouldn't be in business if they sold crap parts but I guess I'll find out. Wish me luck
replyreply
Sorry I forgot to add that the only oem parts I did get where the oil cooler, bearings, harmonic balancer, rebuilt the oem turbo through YTS, compressor was oem and rear and front structure gaskets
replyreply
(02-04-2023 )Majic Wrote:  ...
Full OEM for just parts was 26k and I got everything from {aftermarket company} for 15K. I still have labor to pay for too which is another 5-7K. This was for a cm870.

From seeing others time and again, that have done just what you did ...

You just completely and utterly wasted your damn mopneys!!1.. You will be doing that inrframe in about 2-3 years form now.. You watch!!!.

Can lead a horse to the watering hole that is thirsting to death.. But sometimes they are too damn blind to see the trough right in front of them!!.

Have fun plastigauging everything and finding half of it is out of spec too!... Because if you don't plastigauge and precision measure everyting down to the thousanths.. Everything you do will also be deeply regreted!>.. And that makes for a whole lot more specialty work that most mechanics don't even know how to do any more when dealing with non OE parts that have a wide range of variance vs. Oem while inframing it too.

What a damn absolute mess!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker , Slavic S
02-05-2023, (Subject: {AFTER-GRABAGE} Diesel parts ) 
RE: {AFTER-GRABAGE} Diesel parts
I've never heard of an aftermarket head NOT being a problem, and you'll fight ghost issues till your blue in the face before finally realizing IT'S THE HEAD!!!

And you thought you were low on money now..........

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.