Flashing a esc module
12-30-2022, (Subject: Flashing a esc module ) 
Flashing a esc module
Does anyone have access to get the factory flash files for use with DLB to reflash an esc module on a 2017 model year 4300 SBA 4x2. 1HTMMMML4HH471229 is the vin. PM me with some info if you can help, Thanks in advance.
replyreply
01-02-2023, (Subject: Flashing a esc module ) 
RE: Flashing a esc module
What is wrong with yours? If your losing functions it may be the ESC itself. The post 2007 software is pretty robust. From start in 2001 or so until 2007 there were a lot of updates and sometimes, maybe 1 out of 4 a reflash would fix those. It's rare that a reflash fixes the 2007 and up modules. I always give it a shot first but usually that doesn't fix the problem. Replacing all your fuses, or at last pulling them out and reseating them might help. There are threads on this site that go over that. I'm not sure of the best link. Maybe someone will put in a link.

AFIK the files reside on Navistars servers. You need a licensed copy of Diamond Logic Builder (DLB) with access. You get access after passing an online test. Any competent, a big ask I know, dealer should be able to flash that for you. It can be bench flashed off the truck. I do about 1 a month. DLB is pricey and renews once a year.

There may be "alternate source" software out there that can do this. I've seen versions of DLB on various sites. The program w/o the password will read codes and maybe do limited diagnostics. I'm don't know nearly enough about computers to know how one of those would get past the password and connect to the Nav server with a backdoor copy.
replyreply
01-02-2023, (Subject: Flashing a esc module ) 
RE: Flashing a esc module
Got it flashed, now the tcm doesn’t want to take an update and blanked on me. It’s one thing after another.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.