2350 intermittent fuel pressure issues
01-01-2023, (Subject: 2350 intermittent fuel pressure issues ) 
Star 2350 intermittent fuel pressure issues
Hey got a 2014 Isx 15
A few details (in miles)
20k on rebuild
19k on new turbo
17k on delete
15 miles on high pressure fuel pump
Intermittent 559 code fuel pressure metering valid but above normal operating range moderately severe level
This code occurs when I’m demanding full fuel or when I hit a hill

I replaced the injectors when I rebuilt the motor. I’ve done all the work myself.

The 559 code started being very intermittent after thanksgiving. But was only temperature related. Only would occur when the engine was cold below 30°

Fuel filters have been replaced.

Yesterday I was checking to make sure the injector hold downs were tight and injectors were seated which they were. But the tops of the injectors had melted. Unsure on why that is. But hope that’s the cause of my issue. All injectors except for cylinder 5 were melted. Thoughts anyone?
replyreply
RE: 2350 intermittent fuel pressure issues
Who did the delete?

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(01-01-2023 )Waterloo Wrote:  Who did the delete?

Some guy I found in idaho. The exhaust clogged on a Friday in the middle of nowhere. I didn’t the physical labor and he did the computer work. He was the only guy I could find that could help me asap.
replyreply
I would bet its a bad one. If you have a pc and diag connector the file can be pulled and checked.... And possibly fixed if it needs to be. Just to let you know how many bad files are in peoples engines ive seen 3 just today
replyreply
(01-01-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  I would bet its a bad one. If you have a pc and diag connector the file can be pulled and checked.... And possibly fixed if it needs to be. Just to let you know how many bad files are in peoples engines ive seen 3 just today

I don’t have a computer. But the guy said he could send me the file.
replyreply
You need to take that high pressure fuel pump head off right now and inspect for damage. Don't even start it again until you can confirm the pump hasn't failed internally and sent metal debris through that entire engine!!! You should be very concerned right now. That 559 code is serious business!!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
If he can send you that file get it from him and get it sent to someone here and/or rawze asap. There is an entire thread of the sh!tshow deletes that that have been reviewed here you can look at and see what 99.8% of these so called "tuners" (more affectionately known as "butchers" here) are doing to these 30-40k commercial engines.

Do not run that truck another second until you pop that head off the HP pump and have that file reviewed when you get it from the guy who did it.
replyreply
(01-01-2023 )NDISX15 Wrote:  If he can send you that file get it from him and get it sent to someone here and/or rawze asap. There is an entire thread of the sh!tshow deletes that that have been reviewed here you can look at and see what 99.8% of these so called "tuners" (more affectionately known as "butchers" here) are doing to these 30-40k commercial engines.

Do not run that truck another second until you pop that head off the HP pump and have that file reviewed when you get it from the guy who did it.

Fuel pump has 15 miles on it it’s brand new. Not saying new parts don’t fail but I wouldn’t think that 2 different pumps would cause the same issue exactly
replyreply
(01-01-2023 )8pitcher Wrote:  ...
I don’t have a computer. ...

without a computer you are wasting your time trying to fix on that engine.

An inline-6 cummins adapter is only about $300 bucks or so from ebay or china, etc.. and work fine. , software is on the interwebs 4 free if ya know wher to look, and cheap laptops can be had these days too.

Do a rail pressure leak-down test just like in this video.. and find out what the leak rate is. See if it passes or fails according to what the video describes...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid69262

==============

And yeah.. you need to copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what someone did to ensure it is not eating its own guts out or tear up the turbo. Does not matter how you think it runs.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.