One thing I hate about Rawze's tune
09-14-2016, (Subject: One thing I hate about Rawze's tune ) 
RE: One thing I hate about Rawze's tune
(09-13-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(09-13-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  According to the epa that engine is a filter that should be changed every 4 years so they can add more junk to it.
(09-13-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  From what I am hearing out here on the road from other drivers and O/O, is that it is now down to two years or 200,000 miles... ;-)

It's just plain old sad that this would even be considered as an acceptable line of thinking. With this kind of target, we as O/O's are literally being mandated out of business.

I was talking to a Road Runner lease truck guy... He had a new Volvo, paying $775 a week to drive the truck... This was his second one, first one went teats up at around 250,000 miles, engine cooked, I believe a Detroit SCR Freightliner. I asked him about his maintenance schedule, he gets glassy eyed, I ask how often does he change the oil? He says every 30,000 miles... I asked if he ever gets under the hood to... As soon as I mentioned under hood, he shut down the conversation... I see the truck he is driving never making it to 200,000 miles... The sad part is, he did not want to hear about what it takes to maintain these motors, when I told him to change the oil at 10,000 to 12,000 miles due to soot... That comment ended the conversation. He thought I was nuts, and I think he will be broke in short order, in more ways than one.

In a few years, I don't see many used trucks on the road, they will all be at the local plastics recycling center to be made into water bottles...
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: One thing I hate about Rawze's tune - Waterloo - 09-14-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.