Bad mpg and power 4.7mpg
01-12-2023, (Subject: Bad mpg and power 4.7mpg ) 
RE: Bad mpg and power 4.7mpg
When i changed the 2 sensors mentionerd earlier, there was no cel, and the fuel mileage went up very much.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
When the exhaust gas pressure sensor goes bad usually…. Usually it defaults to like 17psi if I’m not mistaken. And I’ve seen it cause low boost and after today random missfires. And we all know that the imap sensor will cause low boost if it’s bad. What some people don’t realize is the ecm needs those sensors to know what to do with the rest of the engine. Without them working 100% it can’t properly boost or fuel the engine. Not to mention the derates that come along with them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , Waterloo
This is odd. Cummins released TSB220085 26-Apr-2022 "Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Maintenance" focousing on ash removal. It discusses Air-Only Cleaning and Liquid Cleaning. It says Liquid Cleaning is the most effective. The TSB does not mention shake and bake.

I know for a fact that UPS was experimenting with liquid cleaning as far back as 2017. Their preliminary results were that is was the most effective process for removing ash.

I don't understand why UPS and Cummins are involved in such a destructive process. Is this to wear DPF's out sooner and promote the sale of new?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
01-13-2023, (Subject: Bad mpg and power 4.7mpg ) 
(01-12-2023 )DVT873 Wrote:  This is odd. Cummins released TSB220085 26-Apr-2022 "Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Maintenance" focousing on ash removal. It discusses Air-Only Cleaning and Liquid Cleaning. It says Liquid Cleaning is the most effective. The TSB does not mention shake and bake.

I know for a fact that UPS was experimenting with liquid cleaning as far back as 2017. Their preliminary results were that is was the most effective process for removing ash.

I don't understand why UPS and Cummins are involved in such a destructive process. Is this to wear DPF's out sooner and promote the sale of new?

unknown.. but the mega-fleet that I am leased onto tried it on a few hundred trucks.

The results were more frequent regens every time they used the liquid process and after about 3 or so cleanings.. several hundred DPF's needed to be replaced due to the washing out of the precious metals and them being too weak to perform well any more.

It was a disaster.

Here is the original post: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid51493

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Bengy88
There are no check engine lights on the last one was for a particulate matter sensor which was replaced. Which sensor is the exhaust back pressure sensor. Both nox sensor have also been replace truck has 548k miles. And there is a random misfire very random. Exhaust back pressure sensor was replace a year ago september.September. just had a pm at loves and they pulled engine codes 1 active for def temp update spn 3031 fmi 9. And alot for bendix system.
replyreply
Go to quickserve.cummins.com, along with you Engine serial number, and register you engine, you will find a wealth of info including diagrams showing the location of all the components you need to learn about.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
On the passenger side of the engine it sits vertical on top of the thermostat housing, most people think it’s a coolant temp sensor until they learn otherwise.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Deeoux
02-03-2023, (Subject: Bad mpg and power 4.7mpg ) 
Issue resolved, the Nox Inlet sensor finally coded 2 days ago. Replaced it and milage is back upto 7 and boost will hit 35psi now. All power has returned.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Rawze
03-20-2023, (Subject: Bad mpg and power 4.7mpg ) 
Just my 2c, did you, or have you ever checked or replaced the CCV fiter? That in intself can cause a slurry of problems. JMHO.

John
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.