Throttle position sensor
01-07-2023, (Subject: Throttle position sensor ) 
Throttle position sensor
Morning everyone I have a 2010 Peterbilt 386 cm871 I was getting on interstate up to about 45mph red stop engine came up for to side of road dash info again throttle position sensor, checked wiring from accelerator to up in dash, replaced sensor didn't help towed truck home Sat in shop from 1:00am till9:00am started truck and acted normal till engine warmed to about 155 degrees and red warning came up l have insite like most others do but for some reason won't let me log in anymore so I got someone to come and hook up and voltage at throttle position sensor was 4.85 on one and 1.44 on the other when engine cooked down voltage was 4.85 on one an 1.03 other when engine warmed the 4.85 voltage never changes but other one goes up I took apart black ecm connection dry and no corrosion, took apart firewall connection dry and no corrosion, I think maybe ecm but I am in no hurry to jump to that, the engine is demandated, any thoughts would be appreciated thanks
replyreply
RE: Throttle position sensor
connections might have looked dry.. but that does not mean a whole lot sometimes. Flush out the firewall connectors with a bottle of methanol (a bottle of brake-line anti-freeze) and chase it with some WD-40.. and then see if the issue goes away.

this post might also help: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid12551

====
NOTE: For those who do not know ... Never let anyone use a power-washer under the hood!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thanks I will do that I have read that old post good information
replyreply
When i had a throttle position sensor go bad years ago, i changed the pigtail as well.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rockhwy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.