Emission Derate removal
01-13-2023, (Subject: Emission Derate removal ) 
Emission Derate removal
What is the word on turning emissions derates while leaving the emissions systems working?? I understand that the owner and driver needs to be thoroughly informed about the damage that can be done by ignoring emissions faults but have a X15 that I would like to have them turned off so we can at least get the truck away from a bad spot when there are problems, Who do I need to contact to have this done?
replyreply
RE: Emission Derate removal
That’s a loaded question. I would start simple, an EGR Tuneup. At least change the exhaust back pressure and intake manifold sensors. Of course invest in the Inline 6 reader with Insite software to monitor the emissions status. There are no quick fixes, and turning off derates will not solve the problem without doing the above

Year, make, model of truck, which ISX motor? Mileage? Service intervals? Have the emissions been serviced at all? Has anything been done to the truck?

And yes, all of that can be turned off, but I think most here would disagree with your thinking until we know more about the issue.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
It think what your asking for is if someone can leave it mandated where all the emissions stuff still 100% active, running, etc. and it is still able to throw faults, regen, etc.. but only make it where it does not derate or shut off?.

I.E..> NOT a de-mandated .. but simply not leave you on the side of the road over a stupid fault code because it refuses to run?.

That is pretty easy to do ... If someone e-mails me the file from their truck, I can do just that.

Someone needs to be aware though that ANY changes to the programming will officially void any drive-train warranties for the vehicle.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-13-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  It think what your asking for is if someone can leave it mandated where all the emissions stuff still 100% active, running, etc. and it is still able to throw faults, regen, etc.. but only make it where it does not derate or shut off?.

I.E..> NOT a de-mandated .. but simply not leave you on the side of the road over a stupid fault code because it refuses to run?.

That is pretty easy to do ... If someone e-mails me the file from their truck, I can do just that.

Someone needs to be aware though that ANY changes to the programming will officially void any drive-train warranties for the vehicle.

Yes Rawze you get what I'm after 100%! We want to keep the emissions working and active just not derate over small things at dangerous places. I'll send the file your way
replyreply
01-14-2023, (Subject: Emission Derate removal ) 
So it turns out I don't have the proper ECFG files for this engine, If anybody can help please PM me
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.