Clutch pedal vibration
01-15-2023, (Subject: Clutch pedal vibration ) 
RE: Clutch pedal vibration
Bad or broken motor mounts will cause all kinds of vibration issues. Cummins recommends replacing the vibration dampner at I think 500K miles. I know Rawze has mentiond that several times.

Google NVH vibration app or vibratesoftware. It is a smartphone app that costs $99.00. I have had some success with it. It will usually identify the source driveshaft, engine or wheels. Actually rotating wheel end assys. Out of balence brake drums cause some weird issues. Once you know the source you can do more testing.

Look on you tube for WeberAuto vibration. The guy in the wheelchair made the app. Seems to know a little about vibration.

Once, just once I had a flywheel that was out of balance. It was a small tandem tanker truck. Had a bunch of issues including rear wheel seals leaking. When we pulled the axle shafts the splines had the same type of wear you see on trans input shafts. Called a very smart gear guy about it. He said flywheel balence problem.

Got the flywheel tested and it was way out. Had to get the specs from Navistar. Engine was a DT466. This was pre email. Took a day or two for info and I no longer remember the terminology. Only ever seen it that one time.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clutch pedal vibration - DVT873 - 01-15-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.