Clutch pedal vibration
01-15-2023, (Subject: Clutch pedal vibration ) 
RE: Clutch pedal vibration
(01-14-2023 )Petegraintrain Wrote:  Just replaced my clutch because I thought that would fix this issue. But it's still there. Basically my clutch pedal vibrates/pulsates when it's pulling. It's the most noticeable when i put my foot on the clutch pedal and remove some freeplay. So it must be coming from the engine. What would cause this? The higher my rpms get the worse it seems to get.
Howdy
First post on the forum so bear with me if its abit rough around the edges.
If its most definitely RPM related and not speed related I'd say you can safely rule out driveline issues, in fact anything post input shaft should be unrelated.

is there really a vibration or is it just something you can feel in your foot on the pedal? mirrors shaking, coffee spilling type vibration would really concern me as a tech whos seen broken cranks and also seen the invoices that go along with them

Did you happen to notice any paint marks on the floater plate between the clutch disks, typically they assemble a clutch, balance it then spray bomb it in one spot in a fashion that gets paint on both the outer clutch housing/pressure plate and the center plate so upon install it goes in the same way, even after us uneducated have it kicked apart on the floor 15 times.

Also verifying your clutch adjustment would be a great idea, when the fork is riding on the throw-out bearing you tend to get some feedback in the pedal, ignoring your pedal free-play ensure you have your 1/2" between your bearing and your clutch brake, and then adjust your linkage till you have 1/8" between your fork and bearing wear pads.

If all those things are good I'd start looking into flywheel and engine related problems. Did you have flywheel turned when you replaced clutch? Do you have a million mile harmonic balancer on it? stuff like that.
Best of luck
Josh
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clutch pedal vibration - SudsyDiesel - 01-15-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.