Learning Calterm etc
01-16-2023, (Subject: Learning Calterm etc ) 
Learning Calterm etc
I have INSITE and an inline 5 that I have no problem using. I have Calterm on my computer, but no idea how to use it. I’ve had someone access my ecm twice via Team Viewer. Once to program a new ecm when the old one failed. And once for tuning. That’s how I got Calterm.
I would like to know how to do that myself if it happens again. And to understand how to transfer a file with email, etc.
I know the file is in my computer, but don’t know how to access it, or read it.
How could I learn that?
Thanks
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88 , Mackaveli693
RE: Learning Calterm etc
Pm me your contact info and I’ll show you. Just be warned it’s easy to mess shi#t up
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee , Redland1 , SquareOne , amermextrucker
It's funny this thread just came up... I was literally thinking the same thing about CT. After it was tuned by Rawze a few years back, I wanted to get a copy just incase something were to happen later on down the line. Here I am, 'later on down the line' (420k later) and still haven't done it. I really need to get on this.
replyreply
(01-16-2023 )SquareOne Wrote:  It's funny this thread just came up... I was literally thinking the same thing about CT. After it was tuned by Rawze a few years back, I wanted to get a copy just incase something were to happen later on down the line. Here I am, 'later on down the line' (420k later) and still haven't done it. I really need to get on this.

Nothing worse than having to replace an ECM and not having your tune on hand.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker , Peashooter67
(01-16-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  ... Nothing worse than having to replace an ECM and not having your tune on hand.

Yep, I agree. I def should've addressed this earlier. Originally I was gonna hook up with Moose awhile back and he was gonna walk me through the steps and explain the process, but conflicting schedules kept us pushing it back. Now that I've crossed the 750k mark , it's time to get my $hit together before the failure shows up ...
replyreply
01-17-2023, (Subject: Learning Calterm etc ) 
(01-16-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  Pm me your contact info and I’ll show you. Just be warned it’s easy to mess shi#t up

Would you be willing to help me?
replyreply
01-17-2023, (Subject: Learning Calterm etc ) 
I can show anyone how to connect, navigate, pull your ecm file, and put a file in your ecm, as for making changes there is ALOT to understand before anyone starts doing this and I highly suggest anyone that wants to learn to use calterm to study the help bar at the top and definitely read the entire @m*m^2 document that someone has been kind enough to make for all of us free of charge. It can be found with some digging on the forum. It’s a very good and informative read.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , SquareOne , arazdolgin
02-06-2023, (Subject: Learning Calterm etc ) 
Well, I had someone that was going to show me, but it was late, and I was on the road and had to get to sleep. I asked for a rain check, and they said ok. But now I get no response, so I guess I missed my one chance.
Would anyone be able to get me started, or point me in the right direction? I don’t want to become a tuner. I just want to know the basics, mostly to program a new ecm if need be.
Thanks
replyreply
02-06-2023, (Subject: Learning Calterm etc ) 
Just a general statement .. no directed towards anyone...

There are video and how-to instructions on getting files in/out of the ecm that are floating around.

I have met people who cannot even follow them due to a basic lack of overall understanding on how computers work in general. I have met plenty of people that wanted to learn this stuffs.. and could not distinguish an e-mail on their web browser from an actual file stored on their HDD. They barely even know how connect and to use the Insite software, and forget about anything like copying and editing files, etc.

I would say that if someone cannot understand computers enough to re-format and wipe their own hardDrive on their laptop or PC... and then properly re-install their windows operating system from scratch + set it up they way they like it, then they have absolutely no business trying to flash someone's ecm at all. It takes a basic understanding of how their laptop or PC itself works before trying perform operations with a different kind of computer (an engine computer).

Just my thoughts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.