Odometer Readings
01-17-2023, (Subject: Odometer Readings ) 
Odometer Readings
We have a couple trucks (1 871, 1 2250 and 1 2350) that the odometer readings that our tracking units are getting are incorrect. I need to find a way to read the odometer readings from the ECM of these three trucks before the tracking company will change the mileages on their software or something. I looked thru Insite, and can't find anything that shows the current mileage. The speedometer shows the correct mileage on all three trucks. Is the odometer and hours stored in the CECU? I don't have an adapter that works with ESA or ESA that works right (probably both my luck) so I can't plug in and check there. The tracker company wants to see it from the ECM/CECU on software before they'll fix their garbage.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance guys!
replyreply
RE: Odometer Readings
Look in insite again, it's there. Miles and engine hours.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: NDISX15
(01-17-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  Look in insite again, it's there. Miles and engine hours.

Would you know off hand where that would be? I feel like I went thru every menu button and option on here, but I'm looking again.
replyreply
01-18-2023, (Subject: Odometer Readings ) 
(01-17-2023 )NDISX15 Wrote:  
(01-17-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  Look in insite again, it's there. Miles and engine hours.

Would you know off hand where that would be? I feel like I went thru every menu button and option on here, but I'm looking again.
What security level do you have open? I think you need PRO to have all options available.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: NDISX15
(01-18-2023 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(01-17-2023 )NDISX15 Wrote:  

What security level do you have open? I think you need PRO to have all options available.

I have PRO, but I ended up biting the bullet and getting a new Nexiq to get into the CECU's and John Deere's anyways. Idk why I just couldn't for the life of me find the odometer in Insite yesterday. I could find the hours all day long tho.
replyreply
Do you see help anywhere on the screen? That should help

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , NDISX15
01-21-2023, (Subject: Odometer Readings ) 
In INSITE on the left side look towards the bottom for "Trip Information" Click on that. Bunch of info there. Mileage will be at the top.

Everybody probably knows this but when you connect with INSITE you get a prompt asking if you want to create a workorder. It's a good idea to say yes. That saves an image of the ECM at that point in time. Later you can connect to the image and you will see everything like you were hooked to the truck. Fault codes, Features and parameters etc. In this case Trip information. Not as much info as California Termination I'm sure but way better than nothing. I am looking at mileage right now via an image on an ISX CM870.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , NDISX15
02-03-2023, (Subject: Odometer Readings ) 
(01-21-2023 )DVT873 Wrote:  In INSITE on the left side look towards the bottom for "Trip Information" Click on that. Bunch of info there. Mileage will be at the top.

Everybody probably knows this but when you connect with INSITE you get a prompt asking if you want to create a workorder. It's a good idea to say yes. That saves an image of the ECM at that point in time. Later you can connect to the image and you will see everything like you were hooked to the truck. Fault codes, Features and parameters etc. In this case Trip information. Not as much info as California Termination I'm sure but way better than nothing. I am looking at mileage right now via an image on an ISX CM870.

I did look thru there, but none of the mileages the trip info was kicking out was matching the odometer on the dash. That truck in particular also had some fuel code (I don't remember now what it was off the top of my head) that said that the info in there would have been inaccucurate due to the issue it had at some point in it's life. Thank you all for the insight into this.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.