ISX Fuel Actuator
09-13-2016, (Subject: ISX Fuel Actuator ) 
RE: ISX Fuel Actuator
Thanks for the reply.

The mandate is still there. I changed the cooler and did a tune up a few months back.

I have no codes, just the low fuel delivery pressure light that goes on and off. But the idle stays the same rather the light is on or off.

I did a country boy check on the lift pump (took the return line off and made sure it was pushing fuel through the system with the key on and motor off). It was working, and was running the full 2 minutes, but don't know the pressures.

The head and injectors were replaced by the dealer I bought it from. When I looked at the truck it was blowing air in the radiator so they changed it. I forgot to list earlier that they also changed the cam bushings at the same time.

It's always idled rougher than the other one (I bought two sisters Vin ending in 475 and 478. The two are identical, same motor, trans, everthing).

The part that throws me off is it actually idles better when I unplug one of the actuators. It does matter which one, timing or metering. I realize that it wouldn't run that way, but seems like it should idle worse (?). It's thrown me for a loop, and I know if I bring it to a shop they'll want to change pumps and ecm and everything else. Its change parts until it gets better around here.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
ISX Fuel Actuator - bsiddle - 09-13-2016,
RE: ISX Fuel Actuator - Brock - 09-13-2016,
RE: ISX Fuel Actuator - bsiddle - 09-13-2016
RE: ISX Fuel Actuator - Rawze - 09-13-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.