new turbo leaking oil from compressor side
01-25-2023, (Subject: new turbo leaking oil from compressor side ) 
RE: new turbo leaking oil from compressor side
(01-24-2023 )La polla 1 Wrote:  Hi everybody, Does overfilling the engine oil by over a gallon make a new turbo leak oil from the compressor side? CM871 egr delete, dpf delete, turbo from {a repair shop}, remanufactured.

It would have to be several gallons too high... not just by a little bit.

MOST of the time when there is oil bleeding out of the face of the turbo, it is because of excess crank case fume buildup... I.E.> no one changing the crank case filter often enough.. or too much blo-by. This issue will also cause the engine to wipe out overhead cams too, so it is a serious matter.

The next thing that it can also be is if the turbo is not spinning fast enough at idle. This can be from bad or out-dated programming, maybe the wrong housing or impeller on/in the turbo after a rebuild from a repair shop, or just a sloppy face seal. De-mandate programming that does not command enough positive pressure at idle is a common issue for this too.

ALSO,.. turbo issue or not ... you need to assume your de-mandate (delete) programming is bad until you get it reviewed. more than 90%+ of all engine delete programs are extremely harmful to the engine.. and / or the turbo.. and will cause a whole lot of grief. Never take this for granted.. and never assume it is good if the engine seems to run ok.

Copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what someone did, good, bad, or downright harmful. -= Until you do this.. assume it is harming your engine for every mile you run it like that.

Lastly.. maybe you had good luck with that place you mentioned the turbo was from.. but I have seen a fair share of garbage from them too. I would not recommend them to anyone.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: new turbo leaking oil from compressor side - Rawze - 01-25-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.