new turbo leaking oil from compressor side
01-24-2023, (Subject: new turbo leaking oil from compressor side ) 
new turbo leaking oil from compressor side
Hi everybody, Does overfilling the engine oil by over a gallon make a new turbo leak oil from the compressor side? CM871 egr delete, dpf delete, turbo from {a turbo repair shop}, remanufactured.
replyreply
01-24-2023, (Subject: new turbo leaking oil from compressor side ) 
RE: new turbo leaking oil from compressor side
It could if it's getting pushed up the return line. Who did your demandate?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
01-25-2023, (Subject: new turbo leaking oil from compressor side ) 
(01-24-2023 )La polla 1 Wrote:  Hi everybody, Does overfilling the engine oil by over a gallon make a new turbo leak oil from the compressor side? CM871 egr delete, dpf delete, turbo from {a repair shop}, remanufactured.

It would have to be several gallons too high... not just by a little bit.

MOST of the time when there is oil bleeding out of the face of the turbo, it is because of excess crank case fume buildup... I.E.> no one changing the crank case filter often enough.. or too much blo-by. This issue will also cause the engine to wipe out overhead cams too, so it is a serious matter.

The next thing that it can also be is if the turbo is not spinning fast enough at idle. This can be from bad or out-dated programming, maybe the wrong housing or impeller on/in the turbo after a rebuild from a repair shop, or just a sloppy face seal. De-mandate programming that does not command enough positive pressure at idle is a common issue for this too.

ALSO,.. turbo issue or not ... you need to assume your de-mandate (delete) programming is bad until you get it reviewed. more than 90%+ of all engine delete programs are extremely harmful to the engine.. and / or the turbo.. and will cause a whole lot of grief. Never take this for granted.. and never assume it is good if the engine seems to run ok.

Copy the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what someone did, good, bad, or downright harmful. -= Until you do this.. assume it is harming your engine for every mile you run it like that.

Lastly.. maybe you had good luck with that place you mentioned the turbo was from.. but I have seen a fair share of garbage from them too. I would not recommend them to anyone.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
01-25-2023, (Subject: new turbo leaking oil from compressor side ) 
thank you for answering so quick, I didn't know this. guys had that bad of a reputation, I have no way to send you a copy of the ecm. since I don't have the insite software, hopefully in a few months I'll get my computer and the programming neeed, then I'll do what you said, I hope my engine lasts that long.
replyreply
01-26-2023, (Subject: new turbo leaking oil from compressor side ) 
Insite is a needed software for your engine but calterm is what you would use to do this. I sent you a pm and let you know what you need to do to get this done.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: La polla 1
01-26-2023, (Subject: new turbo leaking oil from compressor side ) 
I few things to check remove imap sensor on river side. start engine. place finger over hole. If it sucks your finger you need to have it reprogrammed for sure.. ALso another issue with turbos leaking is from crankcase filters being clogged up. SO remove it and check it. We use a maintenance free filter. If one is not avalible drill 2 half inch hole on the upper side of it. The last thing we faced just recent was that the oil pressure was to much for turbo and we installed a fitting that was somewhat restricted to slow the oil feed down.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: same101us , Waterloo , hhow55 , DVT873
02-11-2023, (Subject: new turbo leaking oil from compressor side ) 
I sent the turbo back for warranty, it was defective, they replaced the face plate,and the rings, it stopped leaking , back in 2018 when the inframe was done, I had the crank case filter updated, I'll check on the sensor like you said , that turbo was just cleaned and resold like that, because how would a newly "remanufactured" turbo and actuator from them would be defective, quality control is non existent with them, I'll bever do business with them for sure, thanks for the reply.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88
02-15-2023, (Subject: new turbo leaking oil from compressor side ) 
(01-26-2023 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  I few things to check remove imap sensor on river side. start engine. place finger over hole. If it sucks your finger you need to have it reprogrammed for sure.. ALso another issue with turbos leaking is from crankcase filters being clogged up. SO remove it and check it. We use a maintenance free filter. If one is not avalible drill 2 half inch hole on the upper side of it. The last thing we faced just recent was that the oil pressure was to much for turbo and we installed a fitting that was somewhat restricted to slow the oil feed down.

I know you are extremely busy but could you or Rawze or somebody explain a little bit about what is happening? In general I thought diesels don't create intake vacumn. But I have seen comments relating to vacumn sometimes forming at the turbo air inlet. How or why does this happen.
replyreply
02-15-2023, (Subject: new turbo leaking oil from compressor side ) 
(02-15-2023 )DVT873 Wrote:  
(01-26-2023 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  I few things to check remove imap sensor on river side. start engine. place finger over hole. If it sucks your finger you need to have it reprogrammed for sure.. ALso another issue with turbos leaking is from crankcase filters being clogged up. SO remove it and check it. We use a maintenance free filter. If one is not avalible drill 2 half inch hole on the upper side of it. The last thing we faced just recent was that the oil pressure was to much for turbo and we installed a fitting that was somewhat restricted to slow the oil feed down.

I know you are extremely busy but could you or Rawze or somebody explain a little bit about what is happening? In general I thought diesels don't create intake vacumn. But I have seen comments relating to vacuum sometimes forming at the turbo air inlet. How or why does this happen.

All engines create vacuum on intake when running, doesn't matter if it's diesel or gas. Engine's that don't have a turbo or some sort of a super-charger will continue to have a vacuum on intake side when running, they are considered to be natural asperated engine's. Turbo's or super-charger's create intake pressure to overcome the vacuum and actually created pressure in the intake system. I believe Mr. Hagg is suspecting the turbo isn't spinning fast enough in this particular case and the intake is actually in a vacuum state.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.